Stalling and/or "Crank no Start" Due to Failed Crankshaft Position Sensor on Mercedes-Benz ML350

Problem Description and Possible Solution

The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.

Problem Data
RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 97,407 (6,100–175,000)
6 model years affected: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, more2010, 2013
43 people reported this problem
Get Your Car Fixed at a RepairPal Certified Shop.
We certify shops based on expertise, quality work, and verified customer reviews
Viewing 1 - 17 of 17 comments
Car would die after coming to a complete stop, and would not start afterwards. Would take a few tries, and waiting 5-15 minutes before the car would startup again. Currently getting car looked at at a shop to see if it is due to the crankshaft position sensor.
Car stops while driving. Very dangerous. Can't be restarted. Fuel pump, filter, crank shaft sensor all replaced. Still does this. Same symptoms as before the repair work done. ($1200) Now they want to test the keys.
CPS was replaced but still the same problem.. What should I dod and the check engine light come on now
same problem here in australia with our ml350
At 68,000 miles - Intermitent issue with starting - repaired at dealer as crankshaft position sensor failure and no problems since.
My ML350 starts fine the first time; however, after driving short distances and turning the engine off, the vehicle refuses to start!
Occasionally while driving on main roads when coming to a stop,truck will sputter as if it is going to stall out.
engine repair/maint light came on, engine hard to start, code was bad Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure. Replaced the Sensor. All well
I had the same problem. Kept having problem starting up at random. Turned out to be the sensor. Problem gone once replaced.
Failed start began last spring--increasing in frequency. Four trips to the dealership and $5000 in "repairs" have not fixed the problem. In for repairs again after it stopped in downtown Detroit and I was almost killed.
Having it replaced as we speak.
2012 ML 350 four matic, transmision stuck ii P position. Multifunction display screen, do not shift gear, five separate ocassions. Juan.
I just became a first time Mercedes benz owener and it has been hell, anyway I have had a transfer replace and now my car starts when it wants please someone help.Im hoping its only crankshaft and not nothing major im so over mercedes right now : (
I have the same problem I change the battery but not luck and can even put it on neutral to move it what a shame on Mercedes.
crnk and cam shaft pos sensor in same repair
On highway,loss of power, dash board lite up. Able to pull over. Would start, as soon to put in gear, turned off.
My warranty just ran out 1 month ago. I had this issue 3months prior to the warranty expiring. The dealership kept the car for over 3 weeks. The problem began again within weeks. Can someone PLEASE tell me EXACTLY where this part is located?