Mercedes-Benz E350 Problem Report

Mercedes-Benz E350 Stalling and/or "Crank no Start" Due to Failed Crankshaft Position Sensor

(23 reports)

The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.

Went to go home after work and my car started for like 2 seconds then died from a cold start. had been getting a cam position sensor trouble code on bank one but car ran just fine. after car wouldn't start this time I ran a scan and got code P0336 crankshaft position sensor fault! funny thing is I had just taken my car to dealership to get my satellite radio checked out. they did a recall on the camshaft wiring recall. funny thing is I told them i had seen a trouble code for camshaft sensor and they said if its the crank sensor they would need to pull motor and it would cost around $4000 to fix. Thats got me thinking they rigged my car to fail...ugg I just hope this is a fairly easy fix. I have done some research and The sensor is on drivers side of engine in rear. check wiring and plug for damage. Can anyone help with this issue???? Thanks -
engine will crank but wont start, Mercedes dealer claims is not the crank shaft sensor, no problems were found give back car with the same problem -
The car would not start this morning. Tried several times with no luck. Finally started, so I drove straight to the repair shop. The Crank Shaft Sensor had to be replaced. -
engine cranks good but no fire no start at all -
Check engine light, hard to start, sluggish acceleration and no acceleration when floored. Dealer replaced crankshaft position sensor - $288 parts and labor. Problem fixed. -
I have had this problem since 2010. Service Dept. say they did not find anything! It has finally just stopped working at all. -
Car will attempt to start then not. Also will not accellerate when gas pedal is pressed after stopping -
code 0120(p0336) replace cranshaft sensor and having same problem next day -
2 weeks of use, only 700 miles. Car has delayed to start several times, I could hear the starter for 6 to 8sec and then it would start. Failed to start a couple of times. I also felt the car sluggish while running, in Eco or sport mode. After 4 or 5 times it delayed to start, the check engine light lite-up. Drove to the dealership and now they say the problem is the crankshaft position sensor. -
Check engine light is ON, the shop ran diagnostic and it said camshaft sensors problem. The shop replaced all sensors, and problem is till there. The shop suggested replacing crankshaft gear and would cost many thounsands of dollar. -
car would stall at light and sometime loose power while driving, sometimes no start, replaced crankshaft position sensor fixed problem and cleared check engine light. -
Approaching stop sign about 5 mile per hour engine shut off, put on neutral be able to start. Next morning on the way to work driving about 65 mile per hour after 15 miles drove engine shut off for split second, I plug the diagnostic computer and code "P0335" which is "Crankshaft Sensor" -
Engine would crank but not start. Magnetic sensors replaced (outside of the warranty) and vehicle works fine. -
code 0276.-continous camshaft adjustment(LEFT) Incorrect position of the intake camshaft. Dealer saya there is no recall or warranty regarding this specific problem. Appointment with dealer is on 11-08-10 -
I ran a diagnostic code check on my car and it said the crankshaft sensor is bad. I need the c...
what does it mean when check engine light is on?
...fail or timing chain/balance shaft components may wear, resulting in illumination of the Check Engine Light and various drivability issues. Mercedes-Benz has released a service bulletin outlining specif...
My car has 40,000 miles. This morning car would not start. Service diagnostic said EIS proble...