Car Problem Reports

Mercedes-Benz E350 Engine Performance Problems Due to Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure

Mercedes-Benz E350 Problem
22 Reports
Me Too

Model Years Affected: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2014

Average Mileage: 70,212 mi (24,000 mi - 150,000 mi)

Verified

The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.

•  Rookie

Went to go home after work and my car started for like 2 seconds then died from a cold start. had been getting a cam position sensor trouble code on bank one but car ran just fine. after car wouldn't start this time I ran a scan and got code P0336 crankshaft position sensor fault! funny thing is I had just taken my car to dealership to get my satellite radio checked out. they did a recall on the camshaft wiring recall. funny thing is I told them
    i had seen a trouble code for camshaft sensor and they said if its the crank sensor they would need to pull motor and it would cost around $4000 to fix. Thats got me thinking they rigged my car to fail...ugg I just hope this is a fairly easy fix.

I have done some research and The sensor is on drivers side of engine in rear. check wiring and plug for damage.
    Can anyone help with this issue???? Thanks

•  Rookie

engine will crank but wont start, Mercedes dealer claims is not the crank shaft sensor, no problems were found give back car with the same problem

• Visitor, , 24,000 mi

engine cranks good but no fire no start at all

• The car would not start this morning. Tried several times with no luck. Finally started, so I drove straight to the repair shop. The Crank Shaft Sensor had to be replaced.

• Visitor, , 52,457 mi

Check engine light, hard to start, sluggish acceleration and no acceleration when floored.
    Dealer replaced crankshaft position sensor - $288 parts and labor.
    Problem fixed.

•  Rookie

Car will attempt to start then not. Also will not accellerate when gas pedal is pressed after stopping

• 2 weeks of use, only 700 miles. Car has delayed to start several times, I could hear the starter for 6 to 8sec and then it would start. Failed to start a couple of times. I also felt the car sluggish while running, in Eco or sport mode. After 4 or 5 times it delayed to start, the check engine light lite-up. Drove to the dealership and now they say the problem is the crankshaft position sensor.

• Visitor, , 51,081 mi

Check engine light is ON, the shop ran diagnostic and it said camshaft sensors problem.
    The shop replaced all sensors, and problem is till there. The shop suggested replacing crankshaft gear and would cost many thounsands of dollar.

• I have had this problem since 2010. Service Dept. say they did not find anything! It has finally just stopped working at all.

• Visitor, , 100,000 mi

car would stall at light and sometime loose power while driving, sometimes no start, replaced crankshaft position sensor fixed problem and cleared check engine light.

+ See more reports