Mercedes-Benz CLK430 Problem Report

Mercedes-Benz CLK430 "Crank no Start" Due to Failed Crankshaft Position Sensor

(16 reports)

The crankshaft position sensor may fail. Symptoms of this are: The engine will crank—but not start—especially when the engine is warm. The car may start again if it is left to cool off, but it may run roughly or have poor performance.

My vehicle would start and was able to drive about 1/2 mile before I lost engine power. The vehicle would not start until the engine cooled. I paid $338.00 to have a diagnosis on the vehicle and replacing the crankshaft position sensor. -
still working to replace crank case position sensor, bolt holding sensor is under sensor, with heat shield making difficult to remove, car runs like new when it does start, hope I can get that sensor out. -
how do I get the connector off if the end (part you bend down) broke off? thank you -
Vehicle occasionally would not start and sometimes would shut down while driving. Replaced crankshaft position sensor. -
Jumped in my car and tried to start it but it would not start. I tried again after a few minutes and it was able to start. Mechanic confirmed the problem at the repair shop. -
Car chokes in traffic but after cooling down it starts rough a bit -
An engine oil leak may develop from the oil level sensor. Replacement of the leaking sensor wil...
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/...
The check engine light is on and the code is P0170
Bought used and time for oil change.
The rubber bond in the harmonic balancer can decay, which causes the balancer to move and work...