Mercedes-Benz E320 4MATIC Problem Report

Mercedes-Benz E320 4MATIC Stalling and/or "Crank no Start" Due to Failed Crankshaft Position Sensor

(23 reports)

The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.

Randomly engine would not start. Engine stalled once in traffic. -
stalling, runs eraticly and will not idle or accelerate properly. -
engine wont start hot. sometimes will stall in traffic or when moving..very dangerous. this has been an MB problem for a long time, why cant they address this? -
the car shut down the lights flashed and the car was unable to start again, the car is going into the shop tommorow -
no start due to sensor failure. was cheap quick repair. -
Car would not start after if it was shut off for a only a few minutes and stalled once in traffic. Replaced the camshaft position sensor once a year ago and now it seems I need to replace it again. As stated, I had a problem with the car not starting after it had been running and only sat for a few minutes. Now having the problem again, except the engine cut off suddenly in traffic. Starting to think this is a common problem and needs to be addressed by Mercedes. It is an easy fix, but it is not a cheap part. -
2001 MB 4Matic. Hard Starting - after multiple attempts, it started. Dealer replaced crankshaft position sensor, works fine. Now has 175,650 miles. -
AFTER SEVERAL ATTEMPTS TO DIAGNOSIS, I TOOK THE MERCEDES TO A CERTIFIED MERCEDES MECHANIC AND HE DIAGNOSIS THE PROBLEM IMMEDIATELY. FIXED PROBLEM FOR $300. DINE DEAL. I AM LOOKING AT SELLING HER NOT FOR ANY OTHER REASON THAN I GOT A BMW THAT I REALLY REALLY LIKE -
Same problem as others. Car would start and drive fine until I shut it off after a long drive. Would not immediately start back up until engine cooled. Paid just under $300 for Crankshaft sensor replacement at shop and problem went away. It was interesting that I found the part at many locations for less than $60... Wish I had time to try to F.I.M. sheesh! Definitely seems like a cheap easy fix if you have the time and the tools. -
Car would suddenly die with little/no warning. Usually after running for a bit when it got fairly hot out. Once dead no matter how long you crank no start. Wait 15 mins till cool and it would crank right up and be fine. Replaced the Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure and all symptoms went away. Fairly easy DIY project. -
Vehicle did not start and after a few minutes it started again. It later had the same problem and I took it in to the dealership for resolution. The problem was the Crankshaft Sensor. -
Engine would not start, crankshaft position sensor was bad, got it replace for $380.00 -
An engine oil leak may develop from the oil level sensor. Replacement of the leaking sensor wil...
Problem does not occur all the time and then goes away
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/...
I have a 2001 Mercedes Benz E20 Sport. When I drive it and the engine would run for a couple ho...
The ESP and BAS warning lights may illuminate due to a failed brake light switch. Replacement o...