My max starts and idles well, accelerates well until ~2000 rpm and it begins 'lurching'. I back off on the accelerator until it shifts and I am able to accelerate further(in higher gear) until I get to ~2000 rpm, again the lurching. I back off once again and to get through it and once I'm around 40 mph (and less than 2000 rpm)I can maintain and accelerate. It always seems to happen at 2000. I am also pretty certain that I have a water leak into the inlet. Could it be and air flow sensor issue?
engine performance on 1995 Nissan Maxima
by rtonto in Mesa, AZ on June 22, 2011
3 answersDecember 05, 2010
7 answersAugust 29, 2009
0 answersOctober 21, 2010
Verified for the Nissan Maxima14 reports
2 answersOctober 31, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan Maxima Questions
- My 03 Maxima has the battery & brake lights are on but all checks out fine. I tested the battery, alternator and brakes but they all checks out good CANT GET THE LIGHTS TO GO OUT.
- It's making a strong whinding when u go to crank it, but engine will not turn over?
- my 1999 Nissan Maxima is shooting the gasoline out of the tail pipe ??
- My car has a bad misfire and raw gas is running out the tail pipe
- When should you get a transmission flush?