My max starts and idles well, accelerates well until ~2000 rpm and it begins 'lurching'. I back off on the accelerator until it shifts and I am able to accelerate further(in higher gear) until I get to ~2000 rpm, again the lurching. I back off once again and to get through it and once I'm around 40 mph (and less than 2000 rpm)I can maintain and accelerate. It always seems to happen at 2000. I am also pretty certain that I have a water leak into the inlet. Could it be and air flow sensor issue?
engine performance on 1995 Nissan Maxima
Asked by for the 1995 Nissan Maxima
Verified for the Nissan Maxima16 reports
Verified for the Nissan Maxima29 reports
3 answersDecember 05, 2010
0 answersOctober 21, 2010
7 answersAugust 29, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan Maxima Questions
- Where is the fuse for the cluster lights in the dashboard?
- My idle is going crazy, it ref up and down.
- My 2014 Nissan Maxima won't accelerate but rpm will go high. Only 52000 m help!
- 2002 Nissan Maxima GLE. P0300,P1800,P0011,P0021.
- How expensive is it to re program this to get it to run and is it worth the fix
1995 Nissan Maxima Estimates
- Brake Wheel Cylinder Replacement ($154 - $212) in Aguas Buenas, PR
- Ball Joint Replacement - Lower ($185 - $301) in Washington, CT
- Clutch Replacement ($907 - $1,253) in Tipton, CA
- Steering Rack Replacement ($900 - $1,688) in Preston, WA
- Brake Hydraulic System Bleed ($79 - $100) in Santa Fe, TX
- Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement ($47 - $56) in Washingtonville, PA