My max starts and idles well, accelerates well until ~2000 rpm and it begins 'lurching'. I back off on the accelerator until it shifts and I am able to accelerate further(in higher gear) until I get to ~2000 rpm, again the lurching. I back off once again and to get through it and once I'm around 40 mph (and less than 2000 rpm)I can maintain and accelerate. It always seems to happen at 2000. I am also pretty certain that I have a water leak into the inlet. Could it be and air flow sensor issue?
engine performance on 1995 Nissan Maxima
Verified for the Nissan Maxima16 reports
3 answersDecember 05, 2010
Verified for the Nissan Maxima21 reports
0 answersOctober 21, 2010
7 answersAugust 29, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan Maxima Questions
- Oil leak - valve cover gaskets - keep checking oil dipstick until repair?
- Have a coolant leak and can not find it but lose a gallon every few days
- I have a 1999 maximum and my rpm will not rise above 2500
- Had all motor mounts all done + caliber but my car excellorated from 45 to 70
- estimate to change motor mount