One or more pistons quit firing at no predictable time, temperature or speed. Engine will resume firing within two-three miles of driving, just need to baby it along. I've relpaced all six injectors, the fuel filter, the ECM, spark plugs, plug wires, intake plenum gaskets and all fuel related o-rings on the engine. The fuel pressure is within specs. Compression is good. I've cleaned the air horn and visually inspected all wires for obvious breaks. The 'check engine' is not illuminated. I've checked for a stored code but get the condition good read out. Any other ideas? Thanks. . . Pete
Engine Partial Stop Fireing on 1990 Chevrolet Celebrity
- 1990 Chevrolet Celebrity Repair and Maintenance
- 1990 Chevrolet Celebrity Maintenance Schedule
- 1990 Chevrolet Celebrity Problems(23)
- 1990 Chevrolet Celebrity Repair Estimates
- 1990 Chevrolet Celebrity Q&A(50)
- 1990 Chevrolet Celebrity Recalls(2)
- 1990 Chevrolet Celebrity Shops
- 1990 Chevrolet Celebrity Reviews(1)
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Celebrity Questions
- 1988 chevro celebrity won't stay started but drives fine if driven with two feet
- Buzzing in dash when temp off. When temp on, buzz stops. Killing the battery.
- Why is there no power to the 1985 celebrity. Fuel. Pump
- My driver's side window is off track. It's a hand cranked window?
- Cars with a/c need a 'heavy duty radiator' which is much wider than normal. The fan and housing covers only just over half the radiator, the rest is not covered by the fan. Isit be possible to fit two side-by side fans to cover the entire radiator?