One or more pistons quit firing at no predictable time, temperature or speed. Engine will resume firing within two-three miles of driving, just need to baby it along. I've relpaced all six injectors, the fuel filter, the ECM, spark plugs, plug wires, intake plenum gaskets and all fuel related o-rings on the engine. The fuel pressure is within specs. Compression is good. I've cleaned the air horn and visually inspected all wires for obvious breaks. The 'check engine' is not illuminated. I've checked for a stored code but get the condition good read out. Any other ideas? Thanks. . . Pete
Engine Partial Stop Fireing on 1990 Chevrolet Celebrity
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Celebrity Questions
- Buzzing in dash when temp off. When temp on, buzz stops. Killing the battery.
- Why is there no power to the 1985 celebrity. Fuel. Pump
- My driver's side window is off track. It's a hand cranked window?
- Cars with a/c need a 'heavy duty radiator' which is much wider than normal. The fan and housing covers only just over half the radiator, the rest is not covered by the fan. Isit be possible to fit two side-by side fans to cover the entire radiator?
- I just bought a 1983 Chevy Celebrity, low miles and in great condition. I don't like the volts and temp amps. I know real gauges were optional. If I can find some in a junkyard what is involved in swapping them. Do I also need new sensors too?