My engine overheats when the air conditioner is running. When the air conditioner is off the thermostat returns to normal... I have replace the coolant, thermostat, radiator cap, radiator heat sensor, all hoses and installed a new radiator. Could my problem be a bad water pump? The timing and head gasket are fine...
Engine Overheating on 1998 BMW 740i
2 answersOctober 21, 2010
2 answersOctober 13, 2009
1 answerFebruary 20, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent BMW 740i Questions
- Service engine light
- Engine misfiring on Bank 1 possibly due to timing problem. Could be timing guild
- How can i tell if my transmission is out of just needs to be flushed out
- What is my best option if I need to replace the alternator in my 2000 name 740i?
- What is the repair cost if my car needs timing change guides?
1998 BMW 740i Estimates
- Oil and Filter Change ($74 - 140) in Thousand Palms, CA
- Heater Core Replacement ($942 - 1,178) in Gastonville, PA
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Rear ($902 - 1,150) in March Air Reserve Base, CA
- ABS System Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Trumbull, NE
- Vehicle Speed Sensor Replacement ($277 - 297) in Anamosa, IA
- Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement ($502 - 626) in Wardtown, VA