I was told the whirling noise was caused by my Fan Clutch. The clutch was changed and the noise continued. Only by accident I was standing in front of our Envoy when my wife turned off the engine to get something from the house. The noise continued. I started the engine again and then turned it off. I watch as the fan stopped, but the whirling (jet) noise could be heard through the Air Intake of the Air Filter.
Engine noise after engine is off and fan has stopped turning. What causes this? on 2005 GMC Envoy
1 answerMarch 20, 2014
This week's top 10
Recent GMC Envoy Questions
- Road hum which gets louder as speed increases.
- Fan speed runs high; check engine light on. This is a recent issue. Fixes?
- 2006 envoy Denali a/c was working fine and now only blowing from the side vents
- Bolt broke off in block when changing water pump. Will the other 3 bolts hold it
- What part of my trans would cause high rpm then won't go into gear at all