I have a tapping or ticking noise coming from my engine? Ive had this truck for about two weeks and was told that this noise was not normal.the person I got it from told me that it was rebuilt about 16000 miles ago.it has 163k on od.i was also told by a mechanic I could take off the serpentine belt to see if it was internal prob.is this advisable? im thinking its either a timmimg chain or a hydrolic lifter problem? it dosent miss hits on all4. what could it be?
engine noise on 2000 GMC Sonoma
Verified for the GMC Sonoma29 reports
Verified for the GMC Sonoma3 reports
Verified for the GMC Sonoma16 reports
This week's top 10
Recent GMC Sonoma Questions
- The battery warning light on the dash comes on goes out repeatedly. What's causi
- truck dies, after battery light comes on all lights buzzers and everything works
- why does the fuel gauge show low fuel light when tank is almost full?
- New battery and fuel pump still won't start it's been sitting for about a month
- how do I replace the ignition actuator (rack kit) on 1991 gmc sonoma