I have a tapping or ticking noise coming from my engine? Ive had this truck for about two weeks and was told that this noise was not normal.the person I got it from told me that it was rebuilt about 16000 miles ago.it has 163k on od.i was also told by a mechanic I could take off the serpentine belt to see if it was internal prob.is this advisable? im thinking its either a timmimg chain or a hydrolic lifter problem? it dosent miss hits on all4. what could it be?
engine noise on 2000 GMC Sonoma
2 answersJuly 22, 2015
Verified for the GMC Sonoma28 reports
Verified for the GMC Sonoma16 reports
2 answersJuly 17, 2012
1 answerDecember 11, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent GMC Sonoma Questions
- why does the fuel gauge show low fuel light when tank is almost full?
- New battery and fuel pump still won't start it's been sitting for about a month
- how do I replace the ignition actuator (rack kit) on 1991 gmc sonoma
- When accelerating and rpm's near 3000, the voltage drops and all electrical quit
- When I accelerate and my speed gets up to 35mph I start to hear this crackling