I have a random misfire code. But if you watch it on a scan tool its only the driver side usually cylinder 1 and 3. I have replaced all 8 plugs and wires. I have replaced all 8 injectors, and i have replace the coils for cylinder 1 and 3. The truck still only misfires. But it only misfires after you have driven it for a while and you shut it off then restart it. Pretty much your tipical gas fill up is enough time for it to misfire when you start the engine back up. But if the truck sits long enough it will not misfire or if you take it up the road and beat on it a little it will clean out and run fine until the next time you shut it and start it back up quickly. What could it be? The only other thing i could think of is that the cat is getting plugs when it gets hot and making the engine miss. But that still doesn't explain why it only does it after you shut it down hot.
Engine misfire on 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD
1 more answer
1 answerMay 05, 2010
1 answerJanuary 03, 2011
1 answerJune 18, 2010
2 answersDecember 06, 2016
- 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Repair and Maintenance
- 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Maintenance Schedule
- 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Problems(24)
- 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Repair Estimates
- 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Q&A(87)
- 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Recalls(6)
- 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Shops
- 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Reviews(1)
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Questions
- I'm having a problem trying to turn key how can I unlock the ignition?
- Why do the P,R,D symbols blink on my truck? Check engine light came on also..
- Sometimes a po300 cold hot doesn't matter. Restart after few minutes and clears
- New aftermarket towing mirrors. How do i make in-mirror signals work?
- how do I replace the ignition switch cylinder?
2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Estimates
- PCV Valve Replacement ($56 - 76) in Gardnerville, NV
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Inner ($182 - 375) in East Wakefield, NH
- Camshaft Position Sensor Replacement ($148 - 208) in Ninilchik, AK
- Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement ($655 - 860) in Orange, TX
- Brake Light Switch Replacement ($51 - 79) in Davie, FL
- Fuel Level Sending Unit Replacement ($630 - 658) in Roxboro, NC