The car has 81,000 miles and has had the dealer performed 5000 services with Mobil One oil changes at the same times. Went into the dealer for an 80,000 mile service and small oil leak from front bank cam cover. Had both cam cover gaskets replaced and a timing belt/water pump/t-stat, replaced. Came back with a ticking sound that is heard the loudest from the radiator and both front wheel wells. Dealer doesn't know why the engine is ticking and adjusted only 4 valves which did not fix the problem. Ticking is the same, hot of cold and increases in frequency when rpms are raised.
Engine making a ticking sound after the dealer replaced the Timing Belt. on 2004 Lexus RX330
Asked by for the 2004 Lexus RX330
This week's top 10
Recent Lexus RX330 Questions
- i have lexus rx 330 how much cost to change the compute
- The lexus logo light on the bottom of the pass side door jam went out how to fix
- Is it necessary to replace front and back brakes?
- after replacing a battery my VSC, check engine came on now my car want
- How to turn off, VSC, Trac off, and check engines lights off?
2004 Lexus RX330 Estimates
- Axle/Half Shaft Replacement - Front ($355 - $1,205) in Carterville, IL
- General Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Higginsville, MO
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($291 - $374) in Samson, AL
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($400 - $507) in Weirsdale, FL
- Wheel Bearing Replacement ($284 - $339) in Templeton, IN
- Cooling System Leak Inspection ($44 - $56) in Hyannis, NE