The car has 81,000 miles and has had the dealer performed 5000 services with Mobil One oil changes at the same times. Went into the dealer for an 80,000 mile service and small oil leak from front bank cam cover. Had both cam cover gaskets replaced and a timing belt/water pump/t-stat, replaced. Came back with a ticking sound that is heard the loudest from the radiator and both front wheel wells. Dealer doesn't know why the engine is ticking and adjusted only 4 valves which did not fix the problem. Ticking is the same, hot of cold and increases in frequency when rpms are raised.
Engine making a ticking sound after the dealer replaced the Timing Belt. on 2004 Lexus RX330
This week's top 10
Recent Lexus RX330 Questions
- CEL,VSC,TRAC OFF. All else normal no leaks then noise &LARGE coolant leak
- My left brake tail light melted - any idea what could cause this?
- Why did my key push buttons quit working?
- trunk opening mechanism makes grinding sound and only opens door an inch. How can this be fixed without excessive cost?
- Rear-end locked up while driving