We have no problem running at highway speed with a full tank but once it drops down to about 3/4 tank, the RPMs drop and we have to get out of traffic. We had the vapor filter and charcoal canister which fixed a problem filling the tank where it would spit fuel back out when filling but we still have the hesitation problem. Stop and go city driving doesn't seem to be as effected as much so we had thought we had a vapor lock problem with the fuel tank. But we have no issues filling the tank now. Any thoughts?
Engine loses power while at highway speed when tank drops to about 3/4 tank on 2003 Kia Sorento
This week's top 10
Recent Kia Sorento Questions
- my parking brake light and the battery keep coming on alternator is fine.
- why periodically the car loses all power features, radio, windows, wipers, etc.
- When I hit the gas it acts like it doesn't wanna go unless I'm easy on it and
- Could it be a fuse on why I have no display and no function of heat and air?
- Lost both low beam lights & backup camera the same day
2003 Kia Sorento Estimates
- 7,500 Mile Service ($28 - 69) in Lake City, CO
- Camshaft Position Sensor Replacement ($139 - 175) in Waverly, IA
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Front ($277 - 360) in Richardson, TX
- Fuel Filter Change ($71 - 105) in Midland, OH
- Cooling System Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Interlaken, NY
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($229 - 387) in Felt, ID