We have no problem running at highway speed with a full tank but once it drops down to about 3/4 tank, the RPMs drop and we have to get out of traffic. We had the vapor filter and charcoal canister which fixed a problem filling the tank where it would spit fuel back out when filling but we still have the hesitation problem. Stop and go city driving doesn't seem to be as effected as much so we had thought we had a vapor lock problem with the fuel tank. But we have no issues filling the tank now. Any thoughts?
Engine loses power while at highway speed when tank drops to about 3/4 tank on 2003 Kia Sorento
This week's top 10
Recent Kia Sorento Questions
- What is the procedure for replaceing a thermostat
- I'm having trouble putting gas in tank every time you start it bubbles bacķ out
- Remote start car, get in put foot on break , car dies. Have to restart. Why?
- Sometimes when I try to pass somebody my Sorento will not downshift.
- I just changed my gearbox and gears are not changing well.
2003 Kia Sorento Estimates
- Ignition Coil Replacement ($207 - 273) in Lake City, CO
- Automatic Transmission Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Waverly, IA
- Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement ($207 - 268) in Richardson, TX
- Timing Belt Replacement ($560 - 748) in Midland, OH
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($490 - 541) in Interlaken, NY
- Fuel Tank Replacement ($619 - 954) in Felt, ID