The engine needs to be warmed up or else it loses compression, as if it is in 2nd gear, & needs to be turned off, restarted & then it can go. Sometimes this can also happen while traveling for awhile, after letting off gas & then trying to accelerate again. Any thoughts on what this could be?
Engine loses power sometimes when not warmed up, sometimes after traveling awhile on 1997 Kia Sportage
Asked by for the 1997 Kia Sportage
This week's top 10
Recent Kia Sportage Questions
- how to lock car with engine idling
- How many fuel injectors are there in my Kia Sportage 2002, 4, cyl.
- Whining noise from transmission area between 30-70 mph, what could this be?
- Radio is on, looks like it is working but no sound will come out.
- I have oil soaking all for plugs. What is the most likely source of the oil
1997 Kia Sportage Estimates
- Brake Pad Replacement ($148 - $192) in Grandview, IA
- Brake Wheel Cylinder Replacement ($227 - $293) in Gap Mills, WV
- Ignition Coil Replacement ($117 - $154) in Palatka, FL
- Fuel Injector Replacement ($298 - $386) in Wolf Island, MO
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($230 - $264) in Williamsburg, NM
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($251 - $287) in Magnolia, DE