The engine needs to be warmed up or else it loses compression, as if it is in 2nd gear, & needs to be turned off, restarted & then it can go. Sometimes this can also happen while traveling for awhile, after letting off gas & then trying to accelerate again. Any thoughts on what this could be?
Engine loses power sometimes when not warmed up, sometimes after traveling awhile on 1997 Kia Sportage
This week's top 10
Recent Kia Sportage Questions
- Radio is on, looks like it is working but no sound will come out.
- I have oil soaking all for plugs. What is the most likely source of the oil
- Why does my water pump belt keep popping?
- makes popping sound (intemittant) sounds like from back udercarriage
- My gas light came on put gas and engine light came on gas wont register
1997 Kia Sportage Estimates
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Rear ($384 - 448) in Grandview, IA
- EGR Valve Replacement ($116 - 258) in Gap Mills, WV
- Headlamp Bulb Replacement ($59 - 80) in Palatka, FL
- AC Compressor Replacement ($727 - 829) in Wolf Island, MO
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($247 - 412) in Williamsburg, NM
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($60 - 101) in Magnolia, DE