About 6 months ago I had the same reading, had a compression test done & I had poor compression on cylinder 3 had the head resurfaced and all new belts and spark plugs done along with having fuel injectors and throttle body cleaned. Ever sine the truck has been running fine, until just 2 weeks ago and the check engine light came back on with cylinder 3 misfire.
Engine light on with cylinder 3 misfire. on 1996 Toyota 4Runner
Asked by for the 1996 Toyota 4Runner
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota 4Runner Questions
- My transmission will only shift easily when the car is warm for 30 mins. minimum
- Shifting hard when warmed up, feels like a hard bump after it shifts in low gear
- the gear shift is stuck in Park. when brake is depressed.
- VSC,TRAC and engine light turn on when rear window defrost is turned on.
- How to kill VSC OFF, VSC TRAC & ENGINE lights that stay on?
1996 Toyota 4Runner Estimates
- Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Replacement ($113 - $142) in Obrien, CA
- Spark Plug Replacement ($142 - $197) in Kosciusko, MS
- Ignition Cap and Rotor Replacement ($87 - $114) in Norma, NJ
- No Start Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Schenevus, NY
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($329 - $431) in Stout, OH
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($754 - $824) in Norris, SC