About 6 months ago I had the same reading, had a compression test done & I had poor compression on cylinder 3 had the head resurfaced and all new belts and spark plugs done along with having fuel injectors and throttle body cleaned. Ever sine the truck has been running fine, until just 2 weeks ago and the check engine light came back on with cylinder 3 misfire.
Engine light on with cylinder 3 misfire. on 1996 Toyota 4Runner
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota 4Runner Questions
- In hot weather brakes feel like their sticking, why?
- x-ray suspension system (not very common on 4Runner) needs replacement
- I her a rattling noise in rear end and idle and it goes away when I get speed up
- Why has my vehicle stop accelerating over 5mph?
- Slight vibration at Hywy speed. New tires (Mtchln) bal. svrl times. Spct Mchncl