I've noticed when I try to accelerate the vehicle hesitates then just speeds up quickly. When starting my vehicle the engine revs like someone is steping on gas real quick. Not always happening but often enough. Also starting to feel the van jerk very little when driving. My engine light has turned on eventually. When I took it in to Kia they had two codes come up. They both have to do with the oxygen sensor. I've had Kia look at my fuel filter but they say it's fine. They cleared the code the first time but I did not get far before I felt the issues and engine light back on. The second time they cleaned and serviced the throttle body. Worked for 200 + km then same issue. They want to change my spark plugs at a cost of $500. Say What? I don't think this is the issue and would shop around if that was my last option to fix van. Any suggestions what might be the problem? I also looked at air filter and it looks fine to me. Kia said it was fine the first visit but suggested changing it the second time. There is 64300 kms on the van 40000 miles
Engine light on 2009 Kia Sedona
by Patrick Ph in Noyes, MN on March 05, 2013
3 answersNovember 07, 2010
4 answersOctober 05, 2010
2 answersJanuary 19, 2010
1 answerFebruary 20, 2011
1 answerNovember 21, 2014
This week's top 10
Recent Kia Sedona Questions
- What should I do ? I have taken off the thermostat and replaced the two radiator lines yet the van is still running hot. Van overheats after 10 to 15 min in Street traffic.
- pigtail connections on the side of front coils if one of the wiring is not connecting right does this cause it to misfire. And also my coils and sparkplugs and wiring got changed last week after that it has been stalling so much and it is heating up
- Will a bad A/C control relay cause the A/C to stop getting cold?
- My low beams are not working but high beams are. Also the metal circle where the key goes in the ignition was hot, not sure if it is related or not
- Rear hub bearing"s defect making a real bad bumping sounds trying to find out if the recall on this rear in bearit still in effect