After a recent Oil change the old oil filter gasket was not removed so when the new oil filter was installed it did not seal. I drove it shortly afterwards. My oil light came on and my vehicle shut down.There was no oil left in my vehicle it all leaked out through the oil filter. After descovering the problem the old gasket was removed the new oil filter was then reinstalled and I put 5 qts of oil back in my Tracker it took about 15 minutes before it would start. Now there is a constant "knocking" noise coming from my engine. It runs ok once I get past 50 MPH. It starts rough and "Knocks" When its in park. What could this be?
Engine Knocks on 2004 Chevrolet Tracker
1 answerMay 02, 2016
it has recently started a knocking sound in engine its not leaking any oil or anything what could it be??
1 answerMay 20, 2016
1 answerAugust 11, 2016
0 answersAugust 25, 2016
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Tracker Questions
- How do I take out front seats. One bolt I can't get .covered by track
- Car won't start but the battery is good.
- How Fix 03 Tracker 2.0L has both MAF Low & High Input ETC Low Input, Knock High
- My tracker is having trouble shiftin between lower gears but not upper gears?
- 200,000 mile on the tracker they want 1200 for it I don't think it will last?