After a recent Oil change the old oil filter gasket was not removed so when the new oil filter was installed it did not seal. I drove it shortly afterwards. My oil light came on and my vehicle shut down.There was no oil left in my vehicle it all leaked out through the oil filter. After descovering the problem the old gasket was removed the new oil filter was then reinstalled and I put 5 qts of oil back in my Tracker it took about 15 minutes before it would start. Now there is a constant "knocking" noise coming from my engine. It runs ok once I get past 50 MPH. It starts rough and "Knocks" When its in park. What could this be?
Engine Knocks on 2004 Chevrolet Tracker
1 answerMay 02, 2016
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Tracker Questions
- we put in a new motor and then a new crank sensor/ and starter it wont rollover
- car starts ok but driving , its like somebody turns the key off, engine shut on and off , you can watch RPMs go up and down, sometime engine will just stop, you can restart right away, most of the time while its still rolling.
- how to disconnect lower arm from bottom of steering knuckle? passenger front
- Leaking brake fluid out of rear brake drum. Drum stuck on
- it has recently started a knocking sound in engine its not leaking any oil or anything what could it be??