After a recent Oil change the old oil filter gasket was not removed so when the new oil filter was installed it did not seal. I drove it shortly afterwards. My oil light came on and my vehicle shut down.There was no oil left in my vehicle it all leaked out through the oil filter. After descovering the problem the old gasket was removed the new oil filter was then reinstalled and I put 5 qts of oil back in my Tracker it took about 15 minutes before it would start. Now there is a constant "knocking" noise coming from my engine. It runs ok once I get past 50 MPH. It starts rough and "Knocks" When its in park. What could this be?
Engine Knocks on 2004 Chevrolet Tracker
1 answerMay 02, 2016
it has recently started a knocking sound in engine its not leaking any oil or anything what could it be??
1 answerMay 20, 2016
1 answerAugust 11, 2016
0 answersAugust 25, 2016
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Tracker Questions
2004 Chevrolet Tracker Estimates
- Strut/Shock Absorber Replacement - Front ($586 - 1,034) in Kimberly, WI
- Ignition Wire Set Replacement ($96 - 231) in Hartley, IA
- Check Engine Light Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Saint Paul, IN
- Oil Leak Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Gordonville, TX
- Window Switch Replacement ($398 - 409) in Geddes, SD
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($63 - 75) in Canal Fulton, OH