After a recent Oil change the old oil filter gasket was not removed so when the new oil filter was installed it did not seal. I drove it shortly afterwards. My oil light came on and my vehicle shut down.There was no oil left in my vehicle it all leaked out through the oil filter. After descovering the problem the old gasket was removed the new oil filter was then reinstalled and I put 5 qts of oil back in my Tracker it took about 15 minutes before it would start. Now there is a constant "knocking" noise coming from my engine. It runs ok once I get past 50 MPH. It starts rough and "Knocks" When its in park. What could this be?
Engine Knocks on 2004 Chevrolet Tracker
Asked by for the 2004 Chevrolet Tracker
1 answerMay 02, 2016
it has recently started a knocking sound in engine its not leaking any oil or anything what could it be??
1 answerMay 20, 2016
1 answerAugust 11, 2016
0 answersAugust 25, 2016
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Tracker Questions
- Turn over but won't hit spray starting fuild and it hit but won't start
- Witch part are the same on 2.0l standard 2001 and a 2.5l automatic 2004
- gas odor
- Rattle for a short burst above 2000 RPM after New Timing Change Kit installed
- What is the easiest way to replace the front radiator grill on the tracker?
2004 Chevrolet Tracker Estimates
- Camshaft Position Sensor Replacement ($238 - $429) in Kimberly, WI
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($229 - $331) in Hartley, IA
- Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Replacement ($113 - $140) in Saint Paul, IN
- ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($206 - $290) in Gordonville, TX
- Engine Oil Pan Replacement ($469 - $561) in Geddes, SD
- Air Conditioning System Leak Inspection ($52 - $67) in Canal Fulton, OH