My engine is knocking only put the car in reverse and turn the wheel right, then it is fine when i drive down the street,..i had a guy look at it and he says the whole motor moves when he steps on the gas. Could it be only 1 or more of the motor mounts out or a CV joint or is it the whole motor? Thanks in advance.
engine knocking on 1995 Ford Taurus
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Bret Bodas ,
June 12, 2009
If the motor is moving excessively then you may have a broken mount. Have them all checked, it may be one is broken nut the others are probably in need of replacement as well. CV joints will normally make a noise when turning and moving forward or backwards.
Verified for the Ford Taurus137 reports
1 answerMay 19, 2010
1 answerSeptember 13, 2009
2 answersJanuary 23, 2014
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Taurus Questions
- while driving rpm drops down motor cuts off
- I've changed the 02 sensor and the check engine lights is still on.... Now what?
- Why does my fuse number 28 keep blowing in my 2000 Ford Taurus
- Hit a deer with car and now will not turn over. If we use a bypass it will turn
- I don't know why my brake light only works when I press completely down.
1995 Ford Taurus Estimates
- Spark Plug Replacement ($186 - 253) in Westhampton, NY
- Charging System Diagnosis ($44 - 56) in South Haven, MN
- Head Gasket Replacement ($991 - 1,527) in Monroe, OK
- Coolant Leak Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Coeymans, NY
- Engine Mount Replacement ($174 - 185) in Tynan, TX
- Horn Replacement ($98 - 134) in Model, CO