I had my engine replaced and worked fine. I let it sit for a few month and the battery was drained so I had it charged and reinstalled... backwards! I ended up buying a new stronger battery after this.. along with replaced the main fuse (100a).. which eventually got the car to start again. Now I let it run for a bit and moved it.. let it sit a week and now the car wont start. I changed the main (100a) fuse again hoping that was the issue and it didnt solve it. Battery is good (new and tested), we tried banging the starter while cranking but no dice. When I turn the key I just get a click from the glove compartment area. I do get power in the car (headlights, lamps, brake lights, power window..) and can even arm and disarm the car. Can some one please help me narrow the issue down?? Also cant get a reading from diagnostics code reader..
Engine is not starting. just a click no turn over.. on 2001 Mazda Protege
Asked by for the 2001 Mazda Protege
3 answersNovember 11, 2014
This week's top 10
Recent Mazda Protege Questions
- One under the friver's side dash, one in the engine compartment
- What is causing a buzzing noise? When windows are rolled up and head lights used
- Where is my file pump relay switch located.
- What size is the drivers side window 2003.Mazda protege ls
- We hat els would make it not drive when it feels like the clutch but not?
2001 Mazda Protege Estimates
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($99 - $189) in Woodhull, IL
- Heater Core Replacement ($481 - $640) in Gardner, LA
- Catalytic Converter Replacement ($522 - $730) in Metcalfe, MS
- Door Window Motor Replacement ($222 - $436) in Utica, KY
- Exhaust Muffler Replacement ($250 - $326) in Babylon, NY
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($265 - $329) in Drybranch, WV