I had my engine replaced and worked fine. I let it sit for a few month and the battery was drained so I had it charged and reinstalled... backwards! I ended up buying a new stronger battery after this.. along with replaced the main fuse (100a).. which eventually got the car to start again. Now I let it run for a bit and moved it.. let it sit a week and now the car wont start. I changed the main (100a) fuse again hoping that was the issue and it didnt solve it. Battery is good (new and tested), we tried banging the starter while cranking but no dice. When I turn the key I just get a click from the glove compartment area. I do get power in the car (headlights, lamps, brake lights, power window..) and can even arm and disarm the car. Can some one please help me narrow the issue down?? Also cant get a reading from diagnostics code reader..
Engine is not starting. just a click no turn over.. on 2001 Mazda Protege
3 answersNovember 11, 2014
This week's top 10
Recent Mazda Protege Questions
- We hat els would make it not drive when it feels like the clutch but not?
- Can a automatic transmission starter work in a manual transmission 2001 protege
- The Ecm is bad in my protoge. I've bought a different one but it didn't work.
- Where is the fuse box location? I changed the bu lb in back over license plate
- My key broke in half it was in my pant pocket where can i get another one
2001 Mazda Protege Estimates
- Alternator Replacement ($262 - 400) in Woodhull, IL
- Power Steering Pressure Hose Replacement ($235 - 354) in Gardner, LA
- Starter Replacement ($202 - 349) in Metcalfe, MS
- EGR Valve Replacement ($256 - 371) in Utica, KY
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($257 - 296) in Babylon, NY
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($372 - 444) in Drybranch, WV