I had my engine replaced and worked fine. I let it sit for a few month and the battery was drained so I had it charged and reinstalled... backwards! I ended up buying a new stronger battery after this.. along with replaced the main fuse (100a).. which eventually got the car to start again. Now I let it run for a bit and moved it.. let it sit a week and now the car wont start. I changed the main (100a) fuse again hoping that was the issue and it didnt solve it. Battery is good (new and tested), we tried banging the starter while cranking but no dice. When I turn the key I just get a click from the glove compartment area. I do get power in the car (headlights, lamps, brake lights, power window..) and can even arm and disarm the car. Can some one please help me narrow the issue down?? Also cant get a reading from diagnostics code reader..
Engine is not starting. just a click no turn over.. on 2001 Mazda Protege
3 answersNovember 11, 2014
This week's top 10
Recent Mazda Protege Questions
- When I press the clutch pedal the engine decelerate and shut down
- Is there a fuel pump inertia cut off switch on this vehicle, if so location?
- Engine not able to accelerate past 40 mph
- My car doesn't have reverse but will go on D, 2 & 1. What's the problem? HELP!!!
- changed clutch how much trans. fluid do I put in it?
2001 Mazda Protege Estimates
- 112,500 Mile Service ($71 - 116) in Woodhull, IL
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Inner ($284 - 342) in Gardner, LA
- Shock Absorber Replacement - Rear ($343 - 555) in Metcalfe, MS
- Tire Rotation ($26 - 34) in Utica, KY
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($510 - 565) in Babylon, NY
- Fuel Level Sending Unit Replacement ($483 - 559) in Drybranch, WV