2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Q&A

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Question: Engine Idle Problem

Been having problems with the truck running rough at an idle for 3 weeks, as well as the service engine soon light coming on. Hooked to diagnostics, which showed cylinder #2 misfire. Changed spark plugs and wires and #2 cylinder coil pack. Truck still ran rough and service engine light still flashed on intermittently. Truck seems to run worse the longer it sits without running. (i.e. overnight or after 2 hours of not running.) No codes are showing up now on diagnostics. Not sure where to go from here with it. -
I would suggest you continue to diagnose for a misfire condition at idle on your 2002 Chevrolet Silverado. There are a number of items you have not addressed which can cause the engine to misfire - compression loss or fuel injector issue for example. A scan tool would be of help to try and determine if #2 cylinder is still causing your misfire. If you have reached the end of your diagnostic ability and find you need the help of a repair shop please use the following link to find one near you - http://repairpal.com/directory?address=41015&car_brand_names=Chevrolet. -
Comment 1
Thanks to everyone who responded to the problem I was having. We have discovered the issue. The air hose running from the air filter to the engine was just loose enough to allow a small amount of air to be sucked in. Also, there was a seperate connection by the #2 cylinder that was not fully connected. We used the diagnostic machine to determine it was located to the #2 cylinder. However the connection was fully connected at times which caused the code to display at random on the diagnostics. -
A dirty throttle body may cause a lower than normal idle and possible stalling condition. Performing a throttle body service will commonly correct this concern.
I've been dealing with an intermittent problem that first started 2 months ago. Upon acceleration, at times, I've notice a miss, then surge. This typically happens for a short period of time, then ...
my 6.6l turbo diesel surges at idle and seems to be even worse in reverse. this happens from the moment I start the engine in the morning until i turn it off at night
recntly I noticed my truck emmiting excesive smoke from exhuast when idling. have taken it to dealership who stated nothing wrong no diagnostic code. it also idles rough. have changed fuel filter a...