I was driving along, when I came down hard on a hump. At first there were no signs of a problem. Then as I approached my house, I heard a funny noise. All of a sudden the car started to slow down, and then it came to a stop. It would not start back up. It is still not working, and my Brother-n-Law said that it was only about a quart low in oil. But I had just had my oil changed a couple of weeks before. Do you think some damage was done?
Engine Failure on 2003 Dodge Stratus
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Johnny Mopar ,
March 01, 2011
Hard to answer with out looking at damage. Possible that the engine oil pan was damaged, pushing the oil pickup to a point where it is sucking up air. Here is a directory to shops in your area. https://repairpal.com/directory?address=75180&car_brand_names=Dodge
Verified for the Dodge Stratus26 reports
Verified for the Dodge Stratus57 reports
3 answersJanuary 31, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Stratus Questions
- car will idle but stalls when giving it gas.
- Is my battery top mount or side cant see it and don't want to take wheel off yet
- When I try to start it just clicks
- Bad TCM/ECM on 2000 Dodge stratus 2.4 or not? Needs reprogramed?
- low engine oil pressure light is on when i stop the vehicle then off while drive
2003 Dodge Stratus Estimates
- Catalytic Converter Replacement ($630 - 1,603) in Mitchell, GA
- Intake Manifold Gasket Replacement ($168 - 228) in Burden, KS
- Heater Hose Replacement ($149 - 201) in Ogden, IA
- Charging System Diagnosis ($44 - 56) in Palmyra, TN
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($53 - 66) in Kinde, MI
- Fuel Tank Replacement ($528 - 1,439) in Moody, TX