sat for 3 hours after running for 2-3 hours highway speeds and some city. Tried to start and it cranks great will not start. I floored the pedal to shut off the fuel but I never smelt fuel. After many attempts cranking it finally sputtered and dies 5 times and then started but would not idle, I stayed with foot on the gas for 8 minutes and finally eased it off and let it recharge the battery. I ran it for 45 minutes. Turned it off and it fired right up. 2 months ago as I was driving 60mph it cut out and I flipped tanks and it re-started and ran, I re-flipped it back to the same tank and it was fine for 2 months. Vehicle has had new fuels pumps in tanks replaced, filter and both gas tanks 2 years ago following 8 years in storage.
Engine dies while driving,Sometimes it will crank but does not start on 1990 Ford E-150
This week's top 10
Recent Ford E-150 Questions
- Can not get distributor down
- I bought new distributor why won't it go back in i can't get it to go back down
- Van won't start and not getting no fire
- battery not charging. New battery and alternator and still not charging.
- Will water leak into the oil pan if a whole is drilled in water pump stud to block