sat for 3 hours after running for 2-3 hours highway speeds and some city. Tried to start and it cranks great will not start. I floored the pedal to shut off the fuel but I never smelt fuel. After many attempts cranking it finally sputtered and dies 5 times and then started but would not idle, I stayed with foot on the gas for 8 minutes and finally eased it off and let it recharge the battery. I ran it for 45 minutes. Turned it off and it fired right up. 2 months ago as I was driving 60mph it cut out and I flipped tanks and it re-started and ran, I re-flipped it back to the same tank and it was fine for 2 months. Vehicle has had new fuels pumps in tanks replaced, filter and both gas tanks 2 years ago following 8 years in storage.
Engine dies while driving,Sometimes it will crank but does not start on 1990 Ford E-150
This week's top 10
Recent Ford E-150 Questions
- were is the transmission modulator value at its not on the right side of trans
- While driving down the highway it start making a humming sound and dies!!
- The engine won't start
- What is a reasonable price to replace the computer in a i992 Ford econoline 150?
- If down stream censors are bad will it cause it not to have power
1990 Ford E-150 Estimates
- Brake Shoe Replacement ($187 - 247) in Haubstadt, IN
- ABS Control Module Replacement ($622 - 713) in Austin, KY
- Thermostat Replacement ($116 - 153) in Lowndes, MO
- Check Engine Light Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in South Hill, VA
- Engine Oil Pan Replacement ($713 - 956) in Beaumont, MS
- Fuel Evaporative Canister Replacement ($239 - 476) in Marietta, OK