Engine dies while driving at no particular time or mileage. Will not restart for many hours and sometimes dies after just a few miles. It has run for as long as half of the day but dies just the same. No 'codes' to zero in on the problem. Am beginning to feel that there's a hidden 'short' somewhere in the wiring harness'. Practically everything has been changed: Fuel pump, crank sensor, etc... Only 52,000 original miles as a result of this problem!
Engine dies while driving on 1992 Dodge D150
Asked by for the 1992 Dodge D150
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Boston1 ,
February 27, 2011
When it dies and will not restart, did you check for spark? Is the fuel pump coming on when you turn the key on. Check for these two things and go from there!
This week's top 10
1992 Dodge D150 Estimates
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($316 - $422) in Cortez, CO
- Door Window Motor Replacement ($244 - $341) in Slatedale, PA
- Serpentine Belt Replacement ($76 - $145) in Indianapolis, IN
- Brake Shoe Replacement ($146 - $227) in South Weymouth, MA
- Engine Leak Inspection ($88 - $111) in Clovis, NM
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($247 - $269) in Yates Center, KS