I have a standard 1.4i engine in my civic i wish to change it to a 1.5 vtec is it a matter of changing the engine, ecu, and engine loom or is there more too it.
engine change on 1996 Honda Civic
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by ablaize14 ,
May 15, 2011
i would say you got most of it right there... but you may have to change the mounts (possibly), shifter linkage (likely) and also the tranny... but if you got a complete engine with the tranny already you should be set...
Verified for the Honda Civic12 reports
Verified for the Honda Civic38 reports
Verified for the Honda Civic3 reports
Verified for the Honda Civic6 reports
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Civic Questions
- Dash lights become dim when I use headlights and my a/c and heat stopped working
- The alternator and battery both work but battery is still not being charged.
- what causes my 2001 Honda civic stall and squeal when I turn on the A/C or heat
- How do I get the MAP sensor off? It looks like it's held on by rivets, not screw
- Engine light came on got the code to replace air control valve .
1996 Honda Civic Estimates
- 60,000 Mile Service ($238 - 349) in Sidney, NY
- Brake Shoe Replacement ($149 - 194) in Hempstead, TX
- Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement ($90 - 158) in Onset, MA
- Door Window Motor Replacement ($196 - 350) in Breesport, NY
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($494 - 796) in Fairland, IN
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($391 - 436) in Mount Ephraim, NJ