I have a standard 1.4i engine in my civic i wish to change it to a 1.5 vtec is it a matter of changing the engine, ecu, and engine loom or is there more too it.
engine change on 1996 Honda Civic
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by ablaize14 ,
May 15, 2011
i would say you got most of it right there... but you may have to change the mounts (possibly), shifter linkage (likely) and also the tranny... but if you got a complete engine with the tranny already you should be set...
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Civic Questions
1996 Honda Civic Estimates
- Sway Bar End Link Replacement - Rear ($112 - 217) in Sidney, NY
- Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement ($124 - 157) in Hempstead, TX
- Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Replacement ($106 - 130) in Onset, MA
- Power Steering Pressure Hose Replacement ($169 - 205) in Breesport, NY
- HVAC Blend Door Actuator Replacement ($121 - 299) in Fairland, IN
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($391 - 436) in Mount Ephraim, NJ