The emissions air injection pump can seize, causing a loud squealing noise followed by smoke from the drive belt. If the engine is not turned off, the belt will break, turning on the alternator/battery warning light.
Average mileage: (–)
8 people reported this problem
Viewing 1 - 1 of 1 comments
Took the mechanic a long time to figure this one out.
Most Common Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Problems
Most Recent Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Problems
Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Estimates
- Heater Core Replacement ($1,164 - 1,492) in Custer, MI
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($216 - 287) in Claremore, OK
- EGR Valve Replacement ($212 - 647) in Ratcliff, AR
- Engine Oil Light Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Dilley, TX
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($378 - 617) in Medinah, IL
- Exhaust Muffler Replacement ($900 - 929) in Red Mountain, CA