the electronic throttle control light came on when the vehicle was started and remained on until I reached my destination (about 25 minutes ). There was no noticeable difference in the way it ran and the light was off when I restarted the car. Does this indicate a problem?
electronic throttle control light on 2004 Ford Explorer
Asked by Visitor for the 2004 Ford Explorer
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by DaveJM ,
March 27, 2011
Short answer - yes. But the degree of the problem is unknown. A diagnosis is necessary to determine what happened to cause the light to come on. You could have an intermittent concern that may reoccur causing more serious issues. Worth looking into.
2 answersOctober 03, 2010
0 answersJuly 16, 2012
My message center is reading engine failsafe mode and the electronic throttle light is on what could this mean?
1 answerMarch 28, 2016
0 answersJuly 22, 2012
0 answersMarch 30, 2015
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- fuel pump pressure problems
- What does it mean when it shows charging system service now on a 2017 Ford explo
- My 1998 ford exploer sport wont start after driven and shut off.30 mins it start
- How much does it cost to replace harmonic balance on 1999 Buick century custom
- what is the cost to repair all the timing belts in vehicle?
2004 Ford Explorer Estimates
- Oil and Filter Change ($27 - 61) in Remsenburg, NY
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($548 - 750) in Macy, NE
- Sway Bar End Link Replacement - Rear ($110 - 161) in Mc Intosh, FL
- Air Pump Check Valve Replacement ($140 - 202) in Talmage, KS
- Engine Mount Replacement ($165 - 362) in Bear Lake, PA
- Engine Mount Replacement ($173 - 357) in Yettem, CA