the electronic throttle control light came on when the vehicle was started and remained on until I reached my destination (about 25 minutes ). There was no noticeable difference in the way it ran and the light was off when I restarted the car. Does this indicate a problem?
electronic throttle control light on 2004 Ford Explorer
Asked by Visitor for the 2004 Ford Explorer
ANSWER by DaveJM ,
March 27, 2011
Short answer - yes. But the degree of the problem is unknown. A diagnosis is necessary to determine what happened to cause the light to come on. You could have an intermittent concern that may reoccur causing more serious issues. Worth looking into.
2 answersOctober 03, 2010
0 answersJuly 16, 2012
My message center is reading engine failsafe mode and the electronic throttle light is on what could this mean?
1 answerMarch 28, 2016
0 answersJuly 22, 2012
0 answersMarch 30, 2015
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- My truck won't turn over. I replaced the starter. Now it won't turn start
- Removing coil spring from strut. I used spring compressors to compress spring.
- How do I change a burned out lamp in the steering wheel controls?
- how do i disarm anti theft system PAT
- how can I disconnect the ABS module so that the ABS warning will not light up?
2004 Ford Explorer Estimates
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Rear ($386 - 456) in Remsenburg, NY
- Charging System Diagnosis ($44 - 56) in Macy, NE
- Strut Replacement - Rear ($581 - 675) in Mc Intosh, FL
- Rear Main Seal Replacement ($601 - 783) in Talmage, KS
- Drive Belt Idler Pulley Replacement ($130 - 180) in Bear Lake, PA
- Engine Mount Replacement ($154 - 189) in Yettem, CA