the electronic throttle control light came on when the vehicle was started and remained on until I reached my destination (about 25 minutes ). There was no noticeable difference in the way it ran and the light was off when I restarted the car. Does this indicate a problem?
electronic throttle control light on 2004 Ford Explorer
Asked by for the 2004 Ford Explorer
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by DaveJM ,
March 27, 2011
Short answer - yes. But the degree of the problem is unknown. A diagnosis is necessary to determine what happened to cause the light to come on. You could have an intermittent concern that may reoccur causing more serious issues. Worth looking into.
2 answersOctober 03, 2010
0 answersJuly 16, 2012
My message center is reading engine failsafe mode and the electronic throttle light is on what could this mean?
1 answerMarch 28, 2016
0 answersJuly 22, 2012
0 answersMarch 30, 2015
This week's top 10
2004 Ford Explorer Estimates
- Coolant Leak Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Remsenburg, NY
- AC Evaporator Replacement ($429 - $783) in Macy, NE
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Front ($386 - $456) in Mc Intosh, FL
- Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement ($493 - $668) in Talmage, KS
- Wheel Bearing Replacement ($299 - $345) in Bear Lake, PA
- Variable Valve Timing Control Solenoid Replacement ($285 - $340) in Yettem, CA