The power was out in this car for a long time. I have that light on my dash plus an airbag light. Everything else has corrected itself less those two lights and no power to the steering. I assume it is a module, but which one and where is it? Any suggestions are welcome.
Electro-mechanical power steering assist failure light and no power steering on 2009 Volkswagen Passat
Asked by for the 2009 Volkswagen Passat
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by euromech ,
December 14, 2011
These problems are occur even with a battery change. A VAG (VW factory) scanner needs to reset troble codes.
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Passat Questions
- When check engine light goes on at 70,000 What service is due and how much ?
- My Passat alarm is going off even after I use my key to unlock it and wobt start
- I have to replace a thermostst. How much is it? (part&labor)
- How much 2 set timing, I had belt changed and timing seems 2 to b off
- Will fixing a crankshaft rear main seal fix misfire&fuel pressure/lean codes?
2009 Volkswagen Passat Estimates
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($373 - $548) in Saint Ignatius, MT
- Heater Hose Replacement ($114 - $162) in Newcastle, NE
- ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($180 - $365) in Mc Roberts, KY
- Brake Pad Replacement, Resurface Rotors ($249 - $321) in Magnolia, AL
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($523 - $586) in Palmdale, FL
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($159 - $255) in Carrizo Springs, TX