The power was out in this car for a long time. I have that light on my dash plus an airbag light. Everything else has corrected itself less those two lights and no power to the steering. I assume it is a module, but which one and where is it? Any suggestions are welcome.
Electro-mechanical power steering assist failure light and no power steering on 2009 Volkswagen Passat
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by euromech ,
December 14, 2011
These problems are occur even with a battery change. A VAG (VW factory) scanner needs to reset troble codes.
This week's top 10
2009 Volkswagen Passat Estimates
- Axle/Half Shaft Replacement - Front ($287 - 1,006) in Saint Ignatius, MT
- 82,500 Mile Service ($41 - 102) in Newcastle, NE
- Fuel Injector Replacement (Diesel) ($240 - 491) in Mc Roberts, KY
- Transmission Fluid Change ($144 - 219) in Magnolia, AL
- Horn Replacement ($124 - 192) in Palmdale, FL
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($1,038 - 1,297) in Carrizo Springs, TX