The power was out in this car for a long time. I have that light on my dash plus an airbag light. Everything else has corrected itself less those two lights and no power to the steering. I assume it is a module, but which one and where is it? Any suggestions are welcome.
Electro-mechanical power steering assist failure light and no power steering on 2009 Volkswagen Passat
Asked by for the 2009 Volkswagen Passat
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by euromech ,
December 14, 2011
These problems are occur even with a battery change. A VAG (VW factory) scanner needs to reset troble codes.
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Passat Questions
- Why won't the gear engage when shifted? Have to kill engine and restart at times
- Where is the clutch pressure control solenoid valve A and the shift solenoid C
- vibration at cruising speed 65-75
- When check engine light goes on at 70,000 What service is due and how much ?
- I have to replace a thermostst. How much is it? (part&labor)
2009 Volkswagen Passat Estimates
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - $111) in Saint Ignatius, MT
- Transmission Fluid Change ($144 - $219) in Newcastle, NE
- Differential Fluid Replacement - Front ($76 - $128) in Mc Roberts, KY
- Clutch Master Cylinder Replacement ($427 - $590) in Magnolia, AL
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($742 - $780) in Palmdale, FL
- Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement ($25 - $46) in Carrizo Springs, TX