electrical/battery problems on 2006 GMC Yukon Denali

My 2006 Yukon Denali XL's battery has died twice in the last month. I had a 2004 that died at least 6 times in the 2 years that I owned it. Anyone else have this problem?

Get Your Car Fixed at a RepairPal Certified Shop.
We certify shops based on expertise, quality work, and verified customer reviews
6 answers 2 comments
my 2002 yukon denali is recently having the same problems for the past two years. I have had the battery replaced three times, a new alternator, and a removal of a dvd player. I am still having the same problems. Can anyone help me?
I have a 2003 Yukon Denali that had similar issues. After many visits to the dealer and a local battery shop to help diagnose, I forced the dealer to keep looking to find the true root cause. It ended up being a problem with the ground connection to the frame that had a low potential across it, slowly draining the battery.
I would like to know where the poor ground was on the frame?
i have a 2002 yukon slt battery light keeps going on and off but not draining can anyone help
Is the battery old? It's possible the battery has become weak and this cold weather really drained it. Cold weather really does a number on batteries. Most shops can test the battery for you and many auto parts stores will test it for free if they have the tool. It's possible something else is draining the battery when the key is off but that would require some basic electrical knowledge and a multimeter to diagnose
Check to see if your climate control blower continues to run after youve turned off ignition
I'm having the same problem with the blower still running after I turn off the ignition.
I'm thinking it could be a bad blower motor resistor.
I have exact vehicle..battery did die..talk to a guy who has one that died often...he found that the amp for the stereo was pulling amps round the clock...disconnected it and no problems since