Electrical problems from bad battery cable on Volvo C70

Problem Description and Possible Solution

The battery B+ cable has problems with the terminal end necessitating replacement. Symptoms may include no start, cranks wont start, warning lights coming on and other odd electrical issues. The B+ cable end is located in the engine compartment fuse box near the drivers side shock tower.

Problem Data
RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 89,080 (40,000–157,000)
9 model years affected: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, more2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2010
16 people reported this problem
Get Your Car Fixed at a RepairPal Certified Shop.
We certify shops based on expertise, quality work, and verified customer reviews
Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 comments
Battered just randomly drains. Immobilizer happens. Dealership has diagnosed:
1. Bad battery (had to pay for a new one)
2. Software update needed for drop top
3. Alternator replaced
4. Key has to be re programmed
4. Money money money
Just keeps happening and there is no ONE reason. Should be a recall and repaired free every time.
Had not closed trunk completely and found battery dead 2days later. Tried to jump battery and it wouldn't take. Had car towed to dealership and was told the B+ cable was bad and had drained battery cells (battery was purchased June, 2012) and I would have to have both battery and B+cable replaced. Battery: $190.00. Cable: $165.00.
If I do not drive the car for, say, three or more days, DEAD. After jumping and driving, usually cures the problem (if I drive every day). Yesterday, while driving at night, it went completely dead -- not even enough to turn on flashers. I was able to jump and get it home.
dash lights abs,anti traction,light lights up , I guess due to faulty battery cable
Model V70 At Random times after the car has not been used for 1 day or longer it will not start. This has happen at least 3 times. Dealer is saying the battery is bad.
Loud clicking- no turn over. All warning lights illuminate. After a 30 minute wait, the engine turned over and started. Believe this may be a battery problem as the courtesy lights were on while I was detailing the car for about an hour- which I didn't realize. This is second time I've had this problem. At least I'm next to my building this time and not in Montauk.