electrical problems on 2002 Dodge Intrepid

after I changed my alternator the air bag light comes on and the windows and the heater and ac blower don't work plus the turn signals but the hazards do , it always fixed it self after restarting the car a few times but my wife hit a really big bump in the road going kinda fast and it started doing it again and now wont go away I checked the fuses and the relays that go to those thing in the fuse box I am guessing now to check the switches and the flasher for the turn signals what else should I check

Asked by for the 2002 Dodge Intrepid
2 answers 3 comments
If all of those electrical components cut out at the same time it has to be something that supplies power to all of them. If you checked fuses and they were good, it could be a relay, electrical connection, or a computer module fault or failure. That vehicle communicates on a CAN bus, if anything fails on the bus, it can sometimes take down a portion, or the whole thing. You will need a diagnosis by a professional repair center to figure that one out. They will also need to have the ability to re- flash / program control units as well.
Feel free to give us a call if you need help,
The Curt's Service Team 248-545-0500
Thank u for the comment I already looked up places to take it to and your shop was number one on my list good reviews and clean looking shop .with electrical problems I think Greg at your shop said 100 an hour is that right
**CLOCK SPRING** ????
We are having exact same problem with our 2003 Intrepid. I have wondered if some odd problems had anything to do with the fact it was a detective's car (ie adding items, tapping into elect. syst. then removing items before re sold.) . Any event, airbag light comes on, windows don't work, blower stops, turn signals don't work, but emergency flashers DO work. restarting car seems to reset it. I noticed my daughter has wheel turned when she parked a couple times. she noticed this morning, when she used turn signal it flashed once, and all hell broke loose again. My husband (ASE Cert) asked me to comb Internet to see if anyone found problem to be the "clock spring". in the steering column? Did I say that right?
My intredid does the same thing.So this is what you have to do adjust the steering wheel up and down until the light goes out then everything will start to work again.It's some kindof short but thats what I did and it worked fine.But it will drive you crazy because it might do it several times in one road trip.But if you don't the anti lock brakes put pressure on the drums when the light stays on.
This seems to possibly confirm what my husband is thinking. the clock spring in the steering.
I adjust steering wheel down, my daughter puts it up higher. It doesn't happen to me. It has only happen to her so far.