electrical problems on 1997 Volkswagen Passat

Lately, I have my check engine come on, the light next to it as well. Car runs well,but door locks ,and anti-theft no longer work.

by in Antes Fort, PA on July 13, 2009
1 answer
ANSWER by on July 13, 2009
Its likely the door lock and anti-theft issue are are related but the Check Engine light issue is probably unrelated. The Check Engine light comes on any time the computer in your car sees a problem with the emission control system. It sees a problem that causes an increase in emissions. It best to get this checked out as it may lead to other problems. A scan tool is needed to retrieve codes stored in the computer in your car. The scan tool connects to a common 16 pin diagnostic socket under the dash of your VW or next to the ashtray.
I am going to repair the fan on the passat 2.8 V6 myself. I just want to confirm that the radiator fan is electric (it looks like it is)? Any particular things I should know or is it straight forw...
My car engine has 1.8T automatic. I had the problem three times in last one month. The engine shuts off when I am stopped on a stop light, the car shakes like 2 sec before it shuts off; and it rest...
car started took off and engine stalled .tried to restart lost all power to vehicle.absolutely no power. never had a vehicle do this. checked battery its good. any ideas i would appreciate. thank you
Clogged drains can allow rainwater to accumulate in the plenum tray (at the base of the windshield). The water may leak into the vehicle's interior, brake booster, or electrical components, which c...
My radio isn't working, the windshield wippers aren't working, and the heat isnt blowing at all. What could be the problem?