1997 Volkswagen Passat Q&A

1997 Volkswagen Passat Question: electrical problems

Lately, I have my check engine come on, the light next to it as well. Car runs well,but door locks ,and anti-theft no longer work. -
Its likely the door lock and anti-theft issue are are related but the Check Engine light issue is probably unrelated. The Check Engine light comes on any time the computer in your car sees a problem with the emission control system. It sees a problem that causes an increase in emissions. It best to get this checked out as it may lead to other problems. A scan tool is needed to retrieve codes stored in the computer in your car. The scan tool connects to a common 16 pin diagnostic socket under the dash of your VW or next to the ashtray. -
I am going to repair the fan on the passat 2.8 V6 myself. I just want to confirm that the radiator fan is electric (it looks like it is)? Any particular things I should know or is it straight forw...
My car engine has 1.8T automatic. I had the problem three times in last one month. The engine shuts off when I am stopped on a stop light, the car shakes like 2 sec before it shuts off; and it rest...
car started took off and engine stalled .tried to restart lost all power to vehicle.absolutely no power. never had a vehicle do this. checked battery its good. any ideas i would appreciate. thank you
My radio isn't working, the windshield wippers aren't working, and the heat isnt blowing at all. What could be the problem?