1998 Mercury Grand Marquis Q&A

1998 Mercury Grand Marquis Question: Electrical Problem with car.

My 1998 Mercury Grand Marquie has an electrical problem, The Windsheiled wipers will not go down. The power door locks are not working along with the alarm system.I replaced the batterys in the hand remotes to see if that was it. That didnt fix it? The hazard lights are not working. And now thw passenger side window will not work after I replaced the window motor. I was told that the switch in the drivers side door is not working right.Also my cruise control not working either. Other than that the car is running like a champ.Can anyone help me figure out what is going on with this car??? Thank you so much. -
I'm reading all these concerns -- and cannot think of any one item to resolve your problem. Sounds like a bunch of little things. The wipers staying up when shut off- wiper motor failure. The door locks - if they work with the buttons on the doors but not the remote - then it's a remote issue. If they do not work with the buttons on the door - you have a GEM module issue, etc. Hazards lights - could be a multi function switch. Right front power window - could be a switch issue - circuit testing is needed to find out. Cruise control - will require testing to get this resolved. Good luck! -
I WOULD NEED A COUPLE HOURS TO DIAGNOSE CAR. I WILL DIAG IT FOR 49.98 LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT TO DROP IT OFF 727 585 2074 ASK FOR BRETT THANK YOU. -
Comment 1
Oh Thank you Brett, I have the car right now At Arctic Freeze with Mike and John and they are fixing the car today. But, Thank you. :-) Its cost me a$800 dollars to fix all of those problems. :-) Hopefully I wont have to go through this again. :-) -
The engine may overheat at idle when the AC is on. A new, upgraded fan motor and resistor may be required to correct this concern.
I bought my car 4 months ago. I have been through 3 altinators and 3 batteries. nobody knows whats wrong everytime I start my car I have to jump it for the last 3 months. I am a 28 year old single ...
I removed all the coil packs on the cylinder seven side to clean the "ports" they go into and them themselves. the engine was covered in grime especialy around the spark plug ports so I figured onc...
why will the front lights not turn on when the car is on. we checked the battery and it was good. all the fuses are good also. the light switch was also good.
My wipers and windo washer at various times comes on when switch is off now my low washer fluid light when starting car is on I reset it it is fine untill car is shut off and restarted any idea ...