electrical problem on 1993 Ford Taurus

my horn, cruse control, stoped working, my nair bag light flashes, is there a fuse to replace

by in Bakersfield, CA on July 08, 2009
3 answers
ANSWER by on July 08, 2009
I am not very familiar with Ford cars, but are the cruise controls and horn push button both in the steering wheel center? If so your air bag is also located in the steering wheel. A cable called a "squib cable" or spiral cable allows electrical connections to be made even as you move the steering wheel from side to side. It is common on other car manufacturers for these three things to malfunction at the same time if this cable in the steering column fails. The cable needs to be disconnected at the connector beneath the steering cowling and checked for continuity at the air bag/horn contact push button and cruise control. Don't try to check continuity yourself without a proper wiring diagram and instructions as the air bag can deploy if the instructions are not followed.
ANSWER by on September 08, 2010
Sounds like bad clock spring assembly. Be carefull when dealing with air bag system. Had same problem. Part not in new part system. Had to go to junk yard. But one from there was bad, had to get another from same place.
ANSWER by on December 12, 2010
You have a bad circuit breaker. Replace number 12 in your fuse box panel. It cost about 4 - 5 dollars.
WHERE CAN I GET ELECTRICAL DIAGRAMS FOR THIS CAR
...TALL AT ANY SPEED, BUT NOT ALL THE TIME. WILL START HOT WEATHER OR COLD WEATHER. I FEEL IT'S A ELECTRICAL PROBLEM. HAD FORD DEALERSHIP PUT A NEW MODUAL ON FOR STALLS, BUT WHILE DRIVING WILL SOMETIMES STALL AN...
My car windows have had an issue that is intermittent, and of course never when I take it to a shop for repair. Sometimes the switches work just fine, other times I have to hold down a "magic ...
When I tried to enter my ford today I used my ignition key instead of the keyfob on the passenger side. opened the car passenger front door, unlocked the rear passenger door with the unlock switch ...
it seems to be an electrical can i by pass the fuuse box to test to battery i don t have a maula so i am not sure of fuse locaction or relay if tthere is one