electrical problem on 2001 Chrysler Town & Country

when the key is in the ignition and in the run position everything works, the radio, the ac, the wipers, door locks and power windows, when you start the engine it stops working, why?

2 answers 5 comments
Wiggle key while engine is running, if stuff starts working or attemps to work, have ignition switch checked. Scan test will help also!
I tried that and get no response, do you think it is the switch or the ignition itself? I brought it to a local mechanic and he said it could be a body module, is that a possibility?
Yes, that is what the scan test is for. However it sure sounds like the electrical part of the ignition switch but all we can do is guess at it!
Thank, I went and got the switch, started changing it out only to find the final screw that holds the switch in place is one that has the pin in the middle of it, guess chrysler wants to make it as hard as possible.
AGREE WITH PUSHROD POSS WORN OUT IGN SWITCH.
I installed a new switch and same problem, tomorrow I bring it to the mechanic, he says it is a body module, will post what happens when I get it back so all can know what the problem is for future reference. thanks for the help
Good idea!