electrical problem on 2001 Chrysler Town & Country

when the key is in the ignition and in the run position everything works, the radio, the ac, the wipers, door locks and power windows, when you start the engine it stops working, why?

by in Potwin, KS on July 17, 2013
2 answers 5 comments
ANSWER by on July 17, 2013
Wiggle key while engine is running, if stuff starts working or attemps to work, have ignition switch checked. Scan test will help also!
COMMENT by on July 17, 2013
I tried that and get no response, do you think it is the switch or the ignition itself? I brought it to a local mechanic and he said it could be a body module, is that a possibility?
COMMENT by on July 17, 2013
Yes, that is what the scan test is for. However it sure sounds like the electrical part of the ignition switch but all we can do is guess at it!
COMMENT by on July 17, 2013
Thank, I went and got the switch, started changing it out only to find the final screw that holds the switch in place is one that has the pin in the middle of it, guess chrysler wants to make it as hard as possible.
ANSWER by on July 17, 2013
COMMENT by on July 17, 2013
I installed a new switch and same problem, tomorrow I bring it to the mechanic, he says it is a body module, will post what happens when I get it back so all can know what the problem is for future reference. thanks for the help
Good idea!
Illuminated of the airbag warning light may be caused by a lost connection between the clockspring (behind the steering wheel) and the steering wheel-mounted electrical components. Other steering w...
The front driver’s side electric seat is not functioning. The passenger seat is still working. We are unable to move it out of its current positions and cannot find any fuses that would be causing ...
I am looking for some advice before I go chasing my tail... I own a 2008 Chrysler T&C Touring with a 3.8L V6 and about 100k miles. What I am experiencing is, on occasion the electrical fault lig...
I just purchased a 2006 Town and Country and was wandering if anyone nows what perform maintenance means? I see this in the electrical display where is shows the direction and how many miles you ...