2001 Chrysler Town & Country Q&A

2001 Chrysler Town & Country Question: electrical problem

when the key is in the ignition and in the run position everything works, the radio, the ac, the wipers, door locks and power windows, when you start the engine it stops working, why? -
Wiggle key while engine is running, if stuff starts working or attemps to work, have ignition switch checked. Scan test will help also! -
Comment 1
I tried that and get no response, do you think it is the switch or the ignition itself? I brought it to a local mechanic and he said it could be a body module, is that a possibility? -
Comment 2
Yes, that is what the scan test is for. However it sure sounds like the electrical part of the ignition switch but all we can do is guess at it! -
Comment 3
Thank, I went and got the switch, started changing it out only to find the final screw that holds the switch in place is one that has the pin in the middle of it, guess chrysler wants to make it as hard as possible. -
AGREE WITH PUSHROD POSS WORN OUT IGN SWITCH. -
Comment 1
I installed a new switch and same problem, tomorrow I bring it to the mechanic, he says it is a body module, will post what happens when I get it back so all can know what the problem is for future reference. thanks for the help -
Comment 2
Good idea! -
Illuminated of the airbag warning light may be caused by a lost connection between the clockspr...
The front driver’s side electric seat is not functioning. The passenger seat is still working. We are unable to move it out of its current positions and cannot find any fuses that would be causing ...
I am looking for some advice before I go chasing my tail... I own a 2008 Chrysler T&C Touring with a 3.8L V6 and about 100k miles. What I am experiencing is, on occasion the electrical fault lig...
I just purchased a 2006 Town and Country and was wandering if anyone nows what perform maintenance means? I see this in the electrical display where is shows the direction and how many miles you ...
driver side electric window won't go down. passenger side window operates up and down