Electrical Problem? on 1991 Jaguar XJ6

My 1991 XJ-6 was running at idle in a parking lot...I went to drive on and turned on the headlights, (it was a rainy day) when all of the sudden the car totally dies...No electrical power what so ever. After I few minutes, the electrical power came on again, and I was able to drive away. As stated, all power dies completely...Almost as if we took the battery right out of the car. Help!

by in Rochester, NY on March 07, 2009
2 answers
ANSWER by on March 07, 2009
Check the battery connections are clean and secure. There is also several insulated studs or posts Jaguar use to carry power. Follow the heavy power cable from the battery positive terminal in the trunk I think that one is beneath the battery. In the engine compartment passenger side you will see another heavy black colored power cable its got a black rubber boot over it ensure these connections are tight. I have sen them loosen and do exactly what you describe. Jaguar has a technical service bulletin about this problem.
2 people like thisFlag inappropiateReply
ANSWER by on June 21, 2013
Battery tearmals loose or light socks are hork up right
instrument panel stays on when ignition is off and will not turn off
My car sat in the garage without a battery for a year. I replaced the battery and now I can't put the car in gear nor does any of the dashboard information work (milage; gas etc)
Sometimes engine does not run+ door locking system does not work+ alarm system+ trunk open button and not back to life except after removing battery cords and reinstalled electrical cord before ear...
Could you tell me where the security system contol is located. I cannot lock my car with the key or remote. Its all dead. Have tried to reprogramme remore but it doesnt work
i have a 96 xj6 when you lock or unlock the door it do not beep no more it use to beep but not not more and now the security light came on when i drive the car the security light stays on.i checked...