electrical problem? on 1995 Mercedes-Benz C220

First blinkers went out, then hazard lights went out, then I tried to turn on the windshield wiper only to be literally shocked by the switch, the blade stopped in it's tracks at the same time, and the switch began to smoke. ANy ideas?

by in Chattanooga, TN on January 03, 2011
1 answer
ANSWER by on January 04, 2011
My idea is to get the car to a Mercedes specialist or an auto electrical shop ASAP. May be better to tow it if there's smoke. Where there's smoke, there could be fire or big electrical damage if allowed to continue. Here's a directory link for you: http://repairpal.com/directory?address=37416&car_brand_names=Mercedes-Benz
The electronic throttle assembly may suffer an electrical failure. It is often cheaper to send the valve to a service center for repair that to purchase a new part.
When I turn on the AC, the engine RPM's changed and I believe the compressor turns on, but only really hot air comes from the vents. The temperature controls do nothing to change the temperature of...
the horn blows when i squeeze the stering wheel. the lights come on if I dont line the light switch up just right.
Coolant light intermittently comes on, added more coolant and water and drove for about 3 months when light came on again. Refilled but this time I notice slow water leakage. Car wouldn't start nex...
Shop says not fuel vent. May be electrical. Low voltage???