electrical problem on 1994 Volvo 960

When I am driving, all the dashboard lights come on and the car loses all power. I pull over and it starts right back up. Sometimes it does this two or three times a day and sometimes not at all. Any ideas? My mechanic can't figure out what is wrong. Everytime he drives it, it runs fine (of course).

by in Overland Park, KS on April 26, 2010
2 answers 1 comment
ANSWER by on April 27, 2010
Hi Debbie, Sounds like the engine is stalling while you're driving. Has your mechanic check for diagnostic trouble codes? I would get these codes if there are any and post them here, then I can better assist you. I would also replace the fuel pump relay, they were problematic on these models and would cause this same problem.
COMMENT by on December 04, 2010
yes, he comes up with fuel injection codes 113/115. What about the fuel pump itself, could that be the issue?
ANSWER by on January 16, 2011
Unplug your main harnes to your fuse box clean contacts and plug it back in
The constant beeping in my car...how do i make it stop...i understand clearly its an electrical problem however isnt this draining my battery as well??? how do i fix this?? also my dashboard light...
After driving for say about 45' with lights on ,the tail light as well as the dash board lights will go off for about 20', then come back; it repeats every 3-4 minutes.
Low beam goes out at night while driving and comes on later.
I ordered a replacement mirror (glass only) for the existing one fell out. I received it and it has a plastic back with two electrical polls for the heater. My question is how do I remove the old...
my car want tell me how fast im going whats the problem