I attempted to start the engine and i have no power to the starter, no lights on the dash. I have a dome light and chimes, and the battery meters at 13 volts. I can't seem to find a fuse that's directly related to the ignition. I would like to know if there are any alternative options before i replace the ignition switch.
Electrical issue with starting on 2001 Ford Escort
ANSWER by Valleyautotech ,
February 11, 2010
Have you solved this problem, if not please ask your question again or you might find a free repair manual here: http://bit.ly/autozone_repair_info or go to http://bit.ly/alldata_repair_manuals or http://bit.ly/mitchell_repair_manuals_online and get an online repair manual subscription.
4 answersSeptember 11, 2009
2 answersApril 14, 2014
1 answerMay 08, 2010
1 answerOctober 05, 2014
3 answersJune 06, 2013
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
- 1999 Ford escort has problems starting at times have to push on gas rev thn strt
- Sitting at light and car will idle high. Changes gaskets, control module.
- zx2 wont get fuel. What could be problem?
2001 Ford Escort Estimates
- Intake Manifold Gasket Replacement ($210 - 293) in Pattison, MS
- Ignition Cap and Rotor Replacement ($64 - 111) in Elmhurst, PA
- Throttle Position Sensor Replacement ($168 - 204) in Enfield, NC
- Brake Booster Replacement ($271 - 592) in Wagarville, AL
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($193 - 245) in Moses Lake, WA
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($247 - 331) in Candor, NY