I attempted to start the engine and i have no power to the starter, no lights on the dash. I have a dome light and chimes, and the battery meters at 13 volts. I can't seem to find a fuse that's directly related to the ignition. I would like to know if there are any alternative options before i replace the ignition switch.
Electrical issue with starting on 2001 Ford Escort
Asked by for the 2001 Ford Escort
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Valleyautotech ,
February 11, 2010
Have you solved this problem, if not please ask your question again or you might find a free repair manual here: http://bit.ly/autozone_repair_info or go to http://bit.ly/alldata_repair_manuals or http://bit.ly/mitchell_repair_manuals_online and get an online repair manual subscription.
2 answersApril 14, 2014
1 answerMay 08, 2010
1 answerOctober 05, 2014
4 answersSeptember 11, 2009
3 answersJune 06, 2013
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- My radio does not work. I replaced it and it still doesn't work. The fuse is OK
- car will not turn over. good battery and alternator.
- The car starts fine when cold but after it warms up it I have trouble starting
- Replaced timing belt. Car turns over & has spark but won't start. Why?
- Front driver tire has excessive inner wear?
2001 Ford Escort Estimates
- ABS System Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Pattison, MS
- Axle/Half Shaft Replacement - Front ($260 - $620) in Elmhurst, PA
- AC Evaporator Replacement ($468 - $839) in Enfield, NC
- Brake Fluid Replacement/Flush ($83 - $104) in Wagarville, AL
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($295 - $348) in Moses Lake, WA
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($653 - $858) in Candor, NY