I attempted to start the engine and i have no power to the starter, no lights on the dash. I have a dome light and chimes, and the battery meters at 13 volts. I can't seem to find a fuse that's directly related to the ignition. I would like to know if there are any alternative options before i replace the ignition switch.
Electrical issue with starting on 2001 Ford Escort
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Valleyautotech ,
February 11, 2010
Have you solved this problem, if not please ask your question again or you might find a free repair manual here: http://bit.ly/autozone_repair_info or go to http://bit.ly/alldata_repair_manuals or http://bit.ly/mitchell_repair_manuals_online and get an online repair manual subscription.
2 answersApril 14, 2014
4 answersSeptember 11, 2009
1 answerMay 08, 2010
1 answerOctober 05, 2014
3 answersJune 06, 2013
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- I have a 1993 ford escort was driving down the ran out gas car died and will not
- Car cranks but won't kick over was driving car ran out of gas car turned off won
- My car is actually a 1986 Ford Contour. The checkengine unit has gone bad.
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
2001 Ford Escort Estimates
- Brake Shoe Replacement ($187 - 248) in Pattison, MS
- ABS Control Module Replacement ($256 - 1,036) in Elmhurst, PA
- Coolant Reservoir Replacement ($120 - 167) in Enfield, NC
- Coolant Replacement/Flush ($95 - 125) in Wagarville, AL
- Brake Light Switch Replacement ($72 - 118) in Moses Lake, WA
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($160 - 230) in Candor, NY