The parking lights come on periodically after the car has been parked, key removed, and light switch off. (Light-on alarm also sounds.) Removed the light switch, but continues. The only way to turn off lights and stop warning, is to remove fuse. However, the battery is being drained. Had battery checked and it's OK. (Battery is approximately 1 yr old.) Any suggestions?
Electrical on 2004 Ford Taurus
June 05, 2009
Do you have a factory or aftermarket alarm system that will flash the park lights? If you do that is where I would start looking for your problem. The other option would be to try and chase down the cause of your drain, that may lead to the cause of your lighting issue.
Verified for the Ford Taurus35 reports
1 answerJanuary 22, 2009
1 answerMay 12, 2015
2 answersApril 19, 2009
This week's top 10
2004 Ford Taurus Estimates
- Strut Replacement - Rear ($336 - $525) in Iola, WI
- Coolant Replacement/Flush ($95 - $125) in Moore, MT
- Brake Shoe Replacement ($259 - $348) in Vining, IA
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Rear ($266 - $497) in Stoutsville, OH
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($103 - $190) in Parkersburg, IL
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($264 - $333) in Steeles Tavern, VA