At the smog test, I was told the EGR valve failed the visual because there was no vacuum (all the test #'s were good). I took it to my local small-town mechanic shop and they changed the EGR valve (for $500) and when I went back for the retest, he said he wouldn't charge me for the test because he said it had the same problem - no vacuum to the EGR valve. Now I am out $'s and don't know where to go from here. Help?
EGR valve - no vacuum on 1993 Ford Probe
Asked by for the 1993 Ford Probe
2 answersMay 12, 2013
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Probe Questions
- Headlights problem ..
- why on a 1997 ford probe is the flywheel shifted toward the block?
- Clutch has little to no resistance; cannot change gears at all.
- what all other model vehicles will interchange with an 89 Ford Probe fuel pump
- I broke my only key to my car I have a key maker just need to know the code
1993 Ford Probe Estimates
- Rear Main Seal Replacement ($486 - $626) in Sasakwa, OK
- Water Pump Replacement ($475 - $628) in Liberty, ME
- Clutch Replacement ($832 - $1,145) in Cheshire, CT
- Brake Fluid Replacement/Flush ($83 - $104) in Nora, VA
- Power Steering System Leak Inspection ($44 - $56) in Twin Lakes, CO
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($694 - $842) in Neely, MS