My blazer runs good for a bit but then its like the engine revs up and down slightly and seems like its going to cut off and it does some time. I checked the codes and it says egr and o2 is rich. I have replaced the spider injector so that should be ok. The ? is? Could she be running ruff till the egr messes up and gets stuck open and is that why the o2 says it rich and makes it run funny? If i replace the egr would it stop the o2 from saying its rich also?
EGR problem and question on 1992 Chevrolet S10 Blazer
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Russ ,
March 13, 2009
Your surging engine may very well be related to your EGR problem. I would suspect the valve is faulty but you will need a scan tool to confirm this. If you find that the valve is bad replace it and see of the O2 sensor code comes back. If it does you could have a faulty O2 sensor also.
Verified for the Chevrolet S10 Blazer6 reports
2 answersMay 28, 2010
2 answersApril 28, 2009
4 answersApril 03, 2009
1 answerJune 06, 2010
- 1992 Chevrolet S10 Blazer Repair and Maintenance
- 1992 Chevrolet S10 Blazer Maintenance Schedule
- 1992 Chevrolet S10 Blazer Problems(15)
- 1992 Chevrolet S10 Blazer Repair Estimates
- 1992 Chevrolet S10 Blazer Q&A(24)
- 1992 Chevrolet S10 Blazer Recalls
- 1992 Chevrolet S10 Blazer Shops
- 1992 Chevrolet S10 Blazer Reviews(2)
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet S10 Blazer Questions
- Airbag light comes on stays on for a while then goes off .
- Have a problem my blazer runs great til it warms up, then when come to a stop it act like its missing and wants to die, I changed EGR but that didnt help.please need some help,thank you!!
- waterpump just loose where hooks to fan by the radiator, car sounds like it will die when stopped, like its over heated. but its not over heated. friend said it"s water pump , but I am doubtful, can you give me an answer what it might be.
1992 Chevrolet S10 Blazer Estimates
- Clutch Master Cylinder Replacement ($226 - 316) in Concan, TX
- 85,000 Mile Service ($150 - 216) in Mammoth Lakes, CA
- 15,000 Mile Service ($150 - 216) in Black Oak, AR
- 145,000 Mile Service ($150 - 216) in Akron, AL
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($170 - 207) in Northome, MN
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($226 - 269) in Ong, NE