checking my egr valve for continuity shows open circut on pins 2&4 for the egr sensor, continuity on pins 1&5 for the egr selenoid coil. Does this mean my egr valve is bad? (chasing p0300, ignition system checks out) No codes stored for EGR, just going over anything that can contribute to the P0300 general random misfire
egr diagnostics on 1999 Chevrolet Suburban 1500
Asked by for the 1999 Chevrolet Suburban 1500
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Bret Bodas ,
February 09, 2010
Hi, sorry to see you didn't get any help with this problem. Were you able to figure out what was causing the P0300 code? Seems as though EGR sensor would've set a code other than the p0300. Did you find the problem?
- 1999 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Repair and Maintenance
- 1999 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Maintenance Schedule
- 1999 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Problems(33)
- 1999 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Repair Estimates
- 1999 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Q&A(133)
- 1999 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Recalls(1)
- 1999 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Shops
- 1999 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Reviews(6)
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Questions
- What does the vehicle do/act/respond) when the O2 sensors goes bad
- What cause your air not to work in the front and jus blow out heat? But workf fi
- Having irregular events whereby the electrical system goes completely dead!
- Older auto transmission, to service or not - if not serviced on schedule??
- i have replaced my fuel pump and fuel filter but truck still wont run....
1999 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Estimates
- Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement ($350 - $616) in Wind Gap, PA
- EGR Valve Replacement ($250 - $352) in Aubrey, AR
- Heater Core Replacement ($580 - $863) in Union Center, WI
- Oil Pressure Sensor Replacement ($121 - $167) in Palo, MI
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($196 - $259) in Casstown, OH
- Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($272 - $285) in Chattanooga, OK