The timing belt had just been fixed and the car has never run better. While driving on the highway there was no shutter, no smell, no lights on the dashboard but the engine just died. Tried turning the car over on the side of the road and tried turning over (no smell or no rough noises under the hood while cranking the key). When the car is turned on all lights come on on the dashboard and car dies after a few seconds of turning key. Took to Auto Zone to see if a code could be read to give us a hint and no codes were being given. Were thinking it might be the Alternator but we just had that checked at Auto Zone a week prior and they said it was still good. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Driving on highway, engine died after hearing a *tink* sound twice under hood. on 1999 Chevrolet Tracker
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Tracker Questions
- car starts ok but driving , its like somebody turns the key off, engine shut on and off , you can watch RPMs go up and down, sometime engine will just stop, you can restart right away, most of the time while its still rolling.
- how to disconnect lower arm from bottom of steering knuckle? passenger front
- Leaking brake fluid out of rear brake drum. Drum stuck on
- it has recently started a knocking sound in engine its not leaking any oil or anything what could it be??
- How much will it cost to repair u joints on this vehicle and why can I not shift out of park the button does not want to push in and do you know how much a blower motor resistor cost to have repaired and cost of repairs for the other questions I asked