The timing belt had just been fixed and the car has never run better. While driving on the highway there was no shutter, no smell, no lights on the dashboard but the engine just died. Tried turning the car over on the side of the road and tried turning over (no smell or no rough noises under the hood while cranking the key). When the car is turned on all lights come on on the dashboard and car dies after a few seconds of turning key. Took to Auto Zone to see if a code could be read to give us a hint and no codes were being given. Were thinking it might be the Alternator but we just had that checked at Auto Zone a week prior and they said it was still good. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Driving on highway, engine died after hearing a *tink* sound twice under hood. on 1999 Chevrolet Tracker
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Tracker Questions
- Why Poor fuel mileage and loss of power.
- my steering went out it won't turn..could this be the steering shaft?
- why my tracker stopped when driving
- Replaced a.c. comps'r, idler pulley &power st'g pump &tensioner. Shredding belts
- i am replacing the starter on the tracker .....may i please get starter replace-