drivetrain on 2002 Kia Sportage

part of my drivetrain broke and was wondering if there is another name for it some call it a swing bearing..does anyone know the other name for it??

by in Gladewater, TX on August 30, 2009
Get Your Car Fixed at a RepairPal Certified Shop.
We certify shops based on expertise, quality work, and verified customer reviews
1 answer
ANSWER by , August 30, 2009
You don't say if your Sportage is 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive. On a 4WD the drive shaft going to the rear may have a center support bearing. On front wheel drive vehicles with a transversely mounted engine the front drive shafts are often two different lengths, a short drive and a longer axle. The longer axle may have a center support bearing mounted on the engine block.