Hi, I inspected the flex disc by grasping the driveshaft and tried forcing it to flex, I felt no detectable play in the flex disc. Is there another way to inspect flex disc, short of removing it? When I researched the part, there was a mention of front and rear flex disc. Last, would you recommend changing the support bearing if my flex disc are found to be worn? I noticed the light vibration to be under my console area, which suggest flex disc play or is this another problem. Any help or ideas are appreciated, thanks.
Driveshaft flex disc on 2001 Mercedes-Benz CL500
Asked by for the 2001 Mercedes-Benz CL500
Verified for the Mercedes-Benz CL50017 reports
1 answerApril 05, 2011
2 answersNovember 01, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Mercedes-Benz CL500 Questions
- What making my catalytic converters sounds like rattling
- The front blinkers work BUT BOTH LEFT AND RIGHT BACK BLINKERS DO NOT.
- What would cause my car to raise and lower as I stop and go
- when opening the passenger door the window opens all the way and motor continues
- When I accelerate to about 10 mph I have a putter but then it'll fade away...
2001 Mercedes-Benz CL500 Estimates
- Water Pump Replacement ($607 - $979) in Coupon, PA
- Alternator Replacement ($606 - $1,357) in Marysville, PA
- Heater Core Replacement ($1,661 - $2,093) in Midkiff, TX
- Automatic Transmission Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Heidenheimer, TX
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($532 - $669) in Parshall, CO
- Engine Mount Replacement ($514 - $607) in Ferndale, WA