2001 BMW 325i Q&A

2001 BMW 325i Question: drivers door lock problem

when i put my key in the drivers door, it just turns right to left but doesnt unlock the door. what could this be? -
The door interior trim panel needs to be removed to inspect what is wrong but it is probably just a linkage clip that has failed. The plastic clip may be only a few dollars but the labor is in removing the interior trim panel. -
Comment 1
Why, at times, only the driver side and trunk open in my bmw 325i-2001? All other doors remain locked and unable to open from inside or outside. -
Comment 2
Go to the web site below: http://www.bmwgm5.com/ The GM5 module causes this problem. Vehicles that use the GM5:1) E46 - 3-series between 1998 and 2005, 2) E85 - Z4 between 2002 and 2008 and 3) the E52 - Z8 all years. He repairs for a fraction of the cost ($90.00) of new module+labor ($700.00). I got mine repaired there. -
How hard is it to remove the Driver's Side Door Panel; I have to get to the Driver Side Door Lock Mechanism; Driver side door will not lock properly. In order to lock the door I have to turn the ke...
how do you get at the cylinder lock drivers door can not reach it is there some secret to it. door lock broken would like to replace it. thanks
My key, both manually and remotely, and lock/unlock button on the center console will not release or lock my passsenger doors. My driver side door works fine. What is the problem?
it is actually an 89. tried to use key, lock and unlock, tried to push against door and lift on handle. Driver door will not open.
When I use the driver door key lock or the inside switch the doors do not always lock/unlock. It takes several tries to get it to react. Obviously everything is working mechanically because they do...