Symptoms of Wear or Failure
- Clunking when you accelerate or shift between drive and reverse
- Squeak type noise while driving
- Vibration while driving
Related Repair Advice
- The drive shaft commonly refers to the component that transmits the engine's torque from the front to the rear of the vehicle
- The drive shaft may contain flexible joints that accommodate the movement of the differential as it moves up and down with the rear suspension.
- Modification of the vehicle ride height can change the drive shaft angle. This can result in abnormal drive shaft vibration.
- A 4WD vehicle may have a front and rear drive shaft