The drive belt tensioner keeps tension on the drive belt to prevent it from slipping, rubbing on engine components, or falling off.
Symptoms of Wear or Failure
- Rattle, squeak, or chirp type noise from drive belt area
- Drive belt will not stay on
Related Repair Advice
- The drive belt tensioner should always be inspected when the drive belt is replaced
- The tensioner can use spring or hydraulic pressure to keep tension on the drive belt.
- A drive belt tensioner is self adjusting and should keep proper tension on the drive belt under all operating conditions