Drive Belt Tensioner
The drive belt tensioner and pulley keeps tension on the drive belt to prevent it from slipping, rubbing on engine components, or falling off.
Symptoms of Wear or Failure
- Rattle, squeak, or chirp type noise from drive belt area
- Drive belt will not stay on
Related Repair Advice
- The drive belt tensioner should always be inspected when the drive belt is replaced
- The tensioner can use spring or hydraulic pressure to keep tension on the drive belt.
- A drive belt tensioner is self adjusting and should keep proper tension on the drive belt under all operating conditions