This door lock cylinder turning seems to be a problem experienced by many BMW owners. The repair costs R outrages; costing from $500 to $800 to repair. I believe this is a design flaw by BMW & a recall should be leveled against BMW to correct this problem. My P. Door cannot B opened with the key & the D. Door is starting to work sloppy. So I risk having my car stolen because I don't want to use the locks anymore then I have too.
Doorlock cylinder turns when key inserted in door lock. on 2001 BMW Z3
This week's top 10
Recent BMW Z3 Questions
- I'm just driving along and all of a sudden acceleration drops to an idle.
- After warm up stalls and has trouble starting back up, the idle is smooth, and check engine light is on
- drivers window won't go down
- My car will crank over, but will not stay running. Any help?
- My car was running. I drove in shop. Now car will not crank over. I need help
2001 BMW Z3 Estimates
- Charging System Diagnosis ($44 - 56) in Warsaw, NY
- Exhaust Manifold Replacement ($744 - 1,645) in Fingal, ND
- AC Evaporator Replacement ($515 - 802) in Sheldon, VT
- AC Compressor Replacement ($993 - 1,176) in Crenshaw, MS
- Engine Control Module Replacement ($1,423 - 2,058) in Redwood, MS
- Variable Valve Timing Control Solenoid Replacement ($630 - 637) in Sanbornville, NH