This door lock cylinder turning seems to be a problem experienced by many BMW owners. The repair costs R outrages; costing from $500 to $800 to repair. I believe this is a design flaw by BMW & a recall should be leveled against BMW to correct this problem. My P. Door cannot B opened with the key & the D. Door is starting to work sloppy. So I risk having my car stolen because I don't want to use the locks anymore then I have too.
Doorlock cylinder turns when key inserted in door lock. on 2001 BMW Z3
This week's top 10
Recent BMW Z3 Questions
- A creaking sound comes when turning the steering wheel at very slow speeds.
- I'm just driving along and all of a sudden acceleration drops to an idle.
- After warm up stalls and has trouble starting back up, the idle is smooth, and check engine light is on
- both traction light and brake light on same time i am thinking it is a sensor on
- I have about 2inches left on my clutch. Is there away to adjust it?
2001 BMW Z3 Estimates
- Oil and Filter Change ($74 - $140) in Warsaw, NY
- Door Window Motor Replacement ($221 - $315) in Fingal, ND
- Heater Core Replacement ($530 - $676) in Sheldon, VT
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Front ($572 - $1,033) in Crenshaw, MS
- Windshield Washer Fluid Reservoir Replacement ($94 - $125) in Redwood, MS
- Engine Oil Filter Adapter Replacement ($169 - $273) in Sanbornville, NH