Driver side door lock mechanism does not go down/lock makes rattling noise. I tried using the key, the lock icon on dashboard. The other 3 doors lock and the alarm is activated but the door doesn't lock. Tried replacing the power latch control mechanism. Is there a reset button somewhere or something else that could be the problem?
Door lock mechanism on 2002 Mercedes-Benz C320
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Bret Bodas ,
October 07, 2009
Did you try a new door lock assembly? These are notorious for failing.
This week's top 10
Recent Mercedes-Benz C320 Questions
- The RPM seems to go higher (close to red) and seems not to go to the next gear?
- Battery dies ,pulled fuses for power seats and battery still drains.
- Why is the the steering locking up, and jerking the auto off the road?
- if you open the driver door to my left side of dash . Also trunk left sids
- cooling fan ris on all the time
2002 Mercedes-Benz C320 Estimates
- Ignition Coil Replacement ($238 - 428) in Terra Bella, CA
- ABS System Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Sunman, IN
- Engine Oil Light Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Milltown, WI
- Automatic Transmission Fluid/Filter Change ($285 - 488) in Edgerton, MO
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($392 - 462) in Bellows Falls, VT
- Trans Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Lusby, MD