I have found out that the 2001 escape door handle interior reinforcements break very easily.I replaced the passenger side and now the driver side broke.I have no idea as to why Ford Motor Company does not put a recall on this item...The new reinforcement part # 6T2Z-78223N03-A is around 20 bucks.
Door Handles on 2001 Ford Escape
Asked by for the 2001 Ford Escape
1 answerFebruary 03, 2009
14 answersApril 20, 2009
1 answerApril 27, 2009
1 answerOctober 28, 2010
3 answersAugust 27, 2012
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escape Questions
- Liftgate glass ajar light is staying on on the dash
- How do you know if the the exhaust system is blocked?
- Anyone have the problem when I accelerate to 4,000 rpm car misses
- Transmission won't kick in after transmission and motor. Mount break
- my escape starts to run rough between 45m.ph & 60mph. but not all the time.
2001 Ford Escape Estimates
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($317 - $458) in Harvey, ND
- Door Window Motor Replacement ($171 - $234) in Durand, MI
- Camshaft Position Sensor Replacement ($99 - $125) in Cedar Hill, MO
- Strut/Shock Absorber Replacement - Front ($262 - $383) in Buhl, MN
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($291 - $389) in Cherry Point, NC
- Exhaust Muffler Replacement ($337 - $879) in Kirkwood, IL